Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (Landscape, Doubter, petercorbett), 32 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445409 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#419866 - 12/22/12 07:41 PM MS Chat
RunningOnEmpty Offline

Loc: georgia
Question: Can supporters use the chatroom?

everyone chats in "the lobby" and there arent any people who go to the friends/family chat area. only a few chat at a time.

even though im not a survivor- i do feel support from survivors in understanding some of the struggles of a family/couple/marriage dealing with CSA woven through it.

#419903 - 12/23/12 08:10 AM Re: MS Chat [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
finallyopen Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi
Personally,as a survivor I would not be offended if you came into the chat room (lounge) - but I am not sure of the "rules".
I would suggest you contact one of the moderators to get the best answer to your question.
Most times the chat "lounge" can be very comforting however there are times it's becomes intense if one of our fellow survivors is having a difficult time.
No one within the chat area attempts to be a T (Therapist) but attempts to offer encouragement.
Hope this helps.

#419905 - 12/23/12 08:46 AM Re: MS Chat [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

MS Chat is available to all users of MaleSurvivor.

The Chat area is primarily for male survivors. Male Survivors can chat about daily struggles, personal issues, feelings about the abuse, the abusers, how they survived, how they are recovering and as well associate and support fellow survivors.

When a user, male or female, enters the chat area or is asked, it is important for that person to identify themselves. An example would be, "I am a male supporter", "I am a female professional " or "I am a female supporter". This helps the survivors to know their surroundings, it helps to identify the people around them so that if they choose to share an intimate detail about their life, they know who they are sharing it with.

Supporters and professionals, male and female, may be asked to leave the "Lounge" area of the chat if a survivor becomes uncomfortable. Please do so. There are additional cyber rooms in chat, "Friends Family" for example, that a user can go to using the functions in Chat. If there is a doubt about how to leave the room, promptly ask in the Lounge area, an experienced user will provide the steps to accomplishing that task.

Supporters and professionals are highly regarded in a survivor's life. We sincerely hope that interaction can be initiated and maintained in a healthy environment. While it is necessary to have time alone or with a select group, eventually most survivors can share their stories in a group setting including supporters and professionals. Until a survivor is ready for that, we choose to offer a safe place for male survivors to be with their fellow survivors.

If there are any more questions or concerns, please address them to the Moderators in blue links on the bottom of each forum.

Regards,
The Moderator Team
Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

#419915 - 12/23/12 09:48 AM Re: MS Chat [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
northernflicker Offline

Hi ROE

Have you thought about setting a date and time for a chat in F&F? I've looked in there a couple of times but found nobody so didn't stick around.

I hope you're doing OK.

#419930 - 12/23/12 12:34 PM Re: MS Chat [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
cetaceas Offline

Loc: NEW YORK
MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPPY HANUKAH AND HAPPY NEAR YEAR.

#419948 - 12/23/12 04:50 PM Re: MS Chat [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
RunningOnEmpty Offline

Loc: georgia
thats a great idea Northern Flicker-- i'm doing okay- thanks for asking-- just dealing with marital drama and trying to do positive things (like MS, crafts, kids, reading) and not ruminating.

if any supporters are interested in maybe meeting up once a week to chat for 30 mins-- PM me-and maybe we can start something? it also doesnt have to be a regular occurence either.

#419981 - 12/23/12 11:24 PM Re: MS Chat [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Roe,

I used to facilitate a grass roots cyber support group on Mondays called the Round Table in chat. If you need to know how to setup a room or anything technical, I would like to help.

#419984 - 12/24/12 12:02 AM Re: MS Chat [Re: RunningOnEmpty]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Chat scares me (I usually think a lot before I post) but if you get something going I would like to watch. I don't have any family/couple/marriage experience but my CSA has caused relationship problems at work. (quite messed up) One of the main reasons I come to F&F is to learn from your perspective.

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.