Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
5 registered (sadclown, don64, 3 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63188 Topics
441842 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#419723 - 12/21/12 01:17 AM Shocking Stats
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Hi Guys
I was forwarded this info, and as the older members on this site know, I am Keen on knowing the stats. These numbers however shocked the sox off me.

Quote:
Though sexual abuse against women and girls is more common, according to a survey carried out in 1 200 schools across the country, and published in BioMed Central's International Journal for Equity in Health, two out of five male South African learners say they have been raped. According to statistics, the greatest increase in sexual crimes is against infants and children under the age of 7.

This is Double the presumed international standard. It blows my mind that we are in such a dire state.

Heal well all
Martin

#419729 - 12/21/12 03:07 AM Re: Shocking Stats [Re: whome]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
It is without a doubt, more evidence of this planet's war against children. The only this thing standing between the kids and the perps is US. Get active and save those boys and girls.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#419734 - 12/21/12 06:40 AM Re: Shocking Stats [Re: whome]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
I've been told face to face by South Africans that the rumored endemic belief that you can cure / prevent AIDS by doing a virgin - regardless of age or consent - is very very real and widely followed, with an avalanche of child rape (including infant rape) as its result.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#419744 - 12/21/12 09:56 AM Re: Shocking Stats [Re: whome]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Martin,
statistic is just approximation, I should add that we can't compare different cultures, backgrounds and nations/countries.
In every society abuse is happening and every single victims is equally important.
Keep fighting for African brothers!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.