Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445404 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#41963 - 02/21/03 03:46 PM Re: How Long ?
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I cant remember if I ever asked for help during my active drinking days but I did mention the abuse that was inflicted on me to my step-mother (she is not actually my real step mother, its a very long story) although I was in blackout at the time.

I knew I was asking for help as far as my addictions were concerned.

I eventually got sober something I had been trying to do for nigh on thirty years, when all of a sudden reality checked in and I discovered and eventually accepted that I did indeed suffer abuse (including rape) at the hands of a large group of men with similar tastes in adolescent boys during the 1970's. All of my abusers saw themselves as gay and brainwashed me that I was either gay or at the least bisexual, that screwed me up for years. I hasten to add that I am definately not a homophobe.

I asked for help about two years ago and have been having therapy for about 17 months and am I getting any better? I have no idea but I can cry now without a bottle of vodka sloshing around my system, so something is happening.

And all that was left was hope \:D

Archnut

#41964 - 02/21/03 04:16 PM Re: How Long ?
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Archnut
What a post. Do not be too hard on yourself about booze. We used it as a coping mechanism or to hide from reality. I have meen in AA for 26years; since I turned 36. Guess that make me a real old fart EH(canadianism). It was a goofy want to do it but what the hell I did not know better. I have just started a new Post on What I did in the past 24hours for me and the little me inside. Have a look and post too. We all should get to share in what we did that was fun for ourselves and the little me inside

IT REALLY IS OK TO STUMBLE. NONE OF US ARE PERFECT.

#41965 - 02/21/03 05:16 PM Re: How Long ?
Archnut Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Mike

"Guess that make me a real old fart EH" \:\)

Hopefully one day at a time I will be an old fart too. \:D

Take care

And all that was left was hope \:\)

Archnut

#41966 - 04/09/03 01:57 PM Re: How Long ?
RJD Offline

Loc: jefferson City, Mo,usa
This GRAND OLD FART welcomes LOGAN

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.