Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
4 registered (watzupwitu, GummyBear, Sojourn Survivor, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63654 Topics
444544 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#419256 - 12/16/12 03:32 AM Just heard about this & hope 4 some learning tools
jondo1 Offline

Loc: Seattle, Washington
Just yesterday I heard Dr. Fradkin for the first time on the radio 89.5 FM. After dropping a friend off at the airport I tuned into my favorite radio station to listen to some tunes. Instead of music I got to listen to Dr. Fradkin talk about his book "Male Survivors" and tears began roll down my face as I was driving. When I got home I ordered his book Male Survivors. I really hope this site helps me heal and have somewhat of a normal life. I am sad all the time and have major trust issues, anxiety, and depression.

#419258 - 12/16/12 04:46 AM Re: Just heard about this & hope 4 some learning tools [Re: jondo1]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi jondo, welcome to Male Survivor!
I'm sorry that you have need to come here, obviously you have some very important reasons for that as we all do.
I can tell you that you are on right place for learning more about healing and recovery of full integrity from destructive happening as abuse is.
Please take your time to slowly explore this site and to get to know it. Be aware that it could be overwhelming and difficult to read some stories, so please take your own pace and take care for yourself.
I found here compassion, support and brotherhood. I'm sure that you'll also find your way to connect to this incredible community. I'm happy that you found us, Welcome once more time!
Be well!

Pero

#419274 - 12/16/12 02:47 PM Re: Just heard about this & hope 4 some learning tools [Re: jondo1]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
Jondo1

As a Graduate of MS.org I can promise you that if you put in the work and are 100% honest about what happened and what you do to cope and really start talking about your life, well then you can expect more than what you are hoping for.

Being at the southern tip of Africa, MS.org was my only resource, we have no groups and no therapists that specialize in CSA, and I think that things worked out pretty darn OK.

Keep at it and never give up

Heal well
Martin

#419313 - 12/16/12 10:19 PM Re: Just heard about this & hope 4 some learning tools [Re: jondo1]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Peace,Rainbows & Healing

Edited by lapchinj (03/17/13 10:31 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.