Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
7 registered (Going forward, Rich1967, 4 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63794 Topics
445494 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#419223 - 12/15/12 08:47 PM I'm just plain sad
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#419227 - 12/15/12 09:29 PM Re: I'm just plain sad [Re: Suwanee]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Will -

if you are not accustomed to feeling emotions - that may be part of it. i used to repress my feelings to the point where i recognized emotions in an abstract sense - but never really experienced them fully. it could be that as you become more aware of your issues and become more in touch with your memories and emotions, you get an all-pervasive atmosphere of sadness - or whatever. for me it was sadness. for some it seems to be anger or fear - or confusion (like a mix of many unidentified emotions - i had that for a while, too.)

anyway - if it is not the meds - chances are it is a stage that will pass as you continue to process stuff. that's the key - keep going - if you try to shut it off - you get depressed - which is worse.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#419236 - 12/15/12 10:42 PM Re: I'm just plain sad [Re: Suwanee]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Suwanee,

Prednisone has the side effect of making you very high strung and jittery, so much so that people often have trouble sleeping while taking it. On top of that, with a stressful week at work, and the other crap we carry around, its no wonder you're down. Give yourself something special and try to hold on till yout T appointment.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#419246 - 12/16/12 12:45 AM Re: I'm just plain sad [Re: Suwanee]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Lets just say that prednisone is one of the reasons Iíll never trust an MD again.

Cee

Side effects include depression and psychoses

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/prednisone-side-effects.html

T. Paine

#419259 - 12/16/12 05:37 AM Re: I'm just plain sad [Re: Suwanee]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Will

There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:
...... a time to weep and a time to laugh......
Ecclesiastes 3

If it isn't the prednisone maybe it is just your time to be sad. That is ok sometimes.

There are lots of ups and downs in recovery and maybe you are just having a down....but an up is coming.

(everyone here saw my 'down' about a month ago....but I am 'up' now)....A season for everything

Lee

#419267 - 12/16/12 10:34 AM Re: I'm just plain sad [Re: Suwanee]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#419268 - 12/16/12 01:11 PM Re: I'm just plain sad [Re: Suwanee]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Will I took it years ago and the dr that prescribed it knew I was taking I donít remember what exactly some form of anti-depressant, and all I know is that the chemical depression brought about by the prednisone was like nothing Iíve ever experienced just this utter lack of hope, pure despair, nothing mattered not me not my girlfriend nothing, so if nothing mattered and life just sucked cause it really did back then for me I needed to check out. Needless to say once my shrink mentioned the issues with prednisone, I could feel the fog lifting, but it was another month before I felt ok, you know like not ending it. Like I said previously it was a major thing that convinced me allopathic medicine is totally wrong unless itís something like a broken arm. I have at times an unbelievably physically demanding job and as I push 50 have some aches and pains, and for this like most things I reach for homeopathic solutions, for anything muscular try Traumeel http://www.traumeel.us/ the only thing to watch for is that your pain goes away so thoroughly that you can act like youíre ok and further damage yourself. Other than that 0 side-effects!

Cee

T. Paine

#419285 - 12/16/12 05:36 PM * [Re: Suwanee]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 01:23 PM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.