Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441978 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#419130 - 12/14/12 01:40 PM Newtown, CT
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
How does anyone survive such a loss, such an event, knowing of such violence that ended their child's life? How?

Praying for strength and some comfort for Newtown. Not much more can be done right now.

Still's Globs

New Video

#419132 - 12/14/12 02:16 PM Re: Newtown, CT [Re: Still]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Thank you Still for posting this, our prayers go out to those who have suffered suh loss in this tragedy.

#419141 - 12/14/12 04:13 PM Re: Newtown, CT [Re: Still]
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
I've posted a statement on the MS FB page, and I also suggest anyone who is feeling triggered to reach out for support here in the forums and read through the Tips post at the top of every forum thread.

Chris

#419143 - 12/14/12 04:58 PM Re: Newtown, CT [Re: Still]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
5 years 9 months.... that's how long it takes to put them together, to reach the age most of the kids today were.

Really "hands-on", it's five years. Five years of your life - completely recentered around his or her life, everything of your own put lower, everything done for them, lived for them, any tiny advantage or help or joy to be given to them. Five years of blowing on food, of singing when they cry, of talking to them like adults and telling them secrets when you know they are too young to speak, five years of special buddies or princesses or helpers. Five years with an external heart - caring for it because you'll die without it. Five years of practicing, of teaching, of firsts, of it's-okaying, five years of making it all better, five years of signing the stupid thank-you notes like it's from them. Five years of seeing all the goodness and hope you could make. A three-year-old can talk like a six-year-old; a five-year-old can understand with you, hope with you, huddle and whisper with you.

And in one-tenth of a second it's just stained clumps of hair and they are nothing and neither are you. Without reason, without mercy, without bargaining or begging or fixing, without even being able to die wrapped around them to feel like in the last moment they had an ounce of your protection, of comfort, of anything it had all ever meant.

Five years and then nothing. Nothing. A gold chain round their neck, a goodbye song, a rock with words they would have spelled out slowly. Five years of everything solely for a lifetime of suffering.

Except, that is, if it was six, seven, eight, nine, or ten years.

There are times I regret our evolution, that the world would be better off belonging only to those creatures without identity, without selves, without hopes, without time. Like right now.

Edited by SoccerStar (12/14/12 05:04 PM)

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#419147 - 12/14/12 05:40 PM Re: Newtown, CT [Re: Still]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

It is so sad, the poor young children--life so young--robbed of a future and those children who had to witness or hear the shootings will be forever changed. Newtown is two towns over from my own hometown. A town that was one of our sports rivals. I was in Newtown several weeks ago--a picturesque Ct town. It was in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy and during a personal trying time. The area suffered deeply from Sandy and now this senseless atrocity. I pray for the children, the adults and all that are affected by this tragedy.

#419165 - 12/15/12 12:09 AM Re: Newtown, CT [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
This day has slain me. It truly has.

I had this played at a funeral once. Give it a watch if you wish.

Still's Globs

New Video

#419221 - 12/15/12 07:58 PM Re: Newtown, CT [Re: Still]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
As a Dad myself, I know every parent who lost a child would trade his or her life to bring back the child. Nothing worse can happen in life than to lose a child. Nothing.

John

#419231 - 12/15/12 10:02 PM Re: Newtown, CT [Re: Still]
seikei Offline
MaleSurvivor

I was triggered big time when I first heard about the shootings. I turn on to watch Dr. Phil and instead I see the horrific news that 20 little angels have been murdered. I couldn't stand it. What did those poor children ever do to that monster? Why did he feel the need to kill them? Another tragedy is the fact that we will probably never know. Senseless massacre after senseless massacre.

#419238 - 12/15/12 11:20 PM Re: Newtown, CT [Re: Still]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
The question comes back to me time and again...."Where was God?"

Edited by Jude (12/15/12 11:22 PM)

#419245 - 12/16/12 12:41 AM Re: Newtown, CT [Re: Still]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
exactly, there is no god

Cee

T. Paine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.