Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 63 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438168 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#419126 - 12/14/12 12:56 PM Step in the Right Direction
Zoebear Offline

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this website and so far I've had nothing but great support from fellow survivors. I took a major step in taking my life back and being a happy person yesterday. I have struggled with this dark secret for oh so long and I have hurt, verbally abused, controlled, etc. all those bad things that don't define me. My family has suffered oh so much but I'm going to take my life and be the good man and happy man that I know I am.

Finally accepting that I was a victim of sexual abuse (my brother) and knowing that I did not ask for it and it wasn't my fault has been a major step for me. I always thought that I could deal with it and control this "beast" but boy was I wrong.

I met with my counselor yesterday and I asked my girlfriend who has supported me but has also been on the receiving end of some of my very abusive verbal lashings. I felt it was very important for me to let her know and to also apologize for my actions. I had no right to treat her and my family the way I have in the past. No more, I'm going to be a better and happier man for myself and my family. I hunger it and I'm dedicating myself to my/our new life. I know it's not going to be easy but with support from my family, this awesome website and my counselor/counselors I'm on the right road and a huge step in the right direction.

I have my story to tell and I'm going to tell it and forgive that little boy in me who did not know.

#419158 - 12/14/12 10:31 PM Re: Step in the Right Direction [Re: Zoebear]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Good for you, Zoebear!

you are on the right road and going in the right direction.
keep us in the loop, please.

Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#419162 - 12/14/12 10:58 PM Re: Step in the Right Direction [Re: Zoebear]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Zoebear,

I'm so happy that you are so gung-ho in dealing with it. You have taken that important first step. It's a scary thing to do but taking your life back is worth it.

#419191 - 12/15/12 10:18 AM Re: Step in the Right Direction [Re: Candu]
Zoebear Offline

Thank you Candu! Yes, it's very scary but the support I have received so far is what gives me that spark to find the strengh to move forward. For too long I lived a life that was a "mirage" and now I want everyone to see me for me, I good man and a very happy man. I wont lie to you, there's moments that I start doubting, but I find the inner strengh and tell that little boy that's it's going to be okay and that I didn't do anything wrong. It's going to be a journey with ups and downs but I'm going to get my life back... smile Thank you again for being here for me, I want to be there for all fellow survivors also.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.