Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446697 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#417585 - 11/28/12 09:46 PM "The Truth Shall Set You Free"
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I grew up as a Christian, and the one thing that has stuck with me ever since leaving the faith and exploring other ways to connect with my HP was this profound statement.

It hit me like a ton of bricks once I started working through my issues with CSA.

I don't think that the message was meant to slam "the truth" down other people's throats - rather - we speak "the Truth" in our hearts and in our minds. All of it. The twisted, disgusting secrets we carry in our hearts and minds.

"We are as sick as our secrets".

So, telling the absolute truth of what is in our hearts and minds will help to set us free from the secrets that bind us in isolation and in shame.

Most profound statement of psychology I think that has ever been uttered. And I live by this statement.

I have no secrets in my heart. Everything that is in me is known by at least one other person. Nothing is hidden.

It's hard work to tell the truth, but if one wants to be set free, one must open up the festering wounds that reek of secrets and shame and expose them to the light of acceptance and unconditional love.

My 3 cents.

#417586 - 11/28/12 09:58 PM Re: "The Truth Shall Set You Free" [Re: Magellan]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Yes, yup. Absolutely true. hmm that was only two cents..

#417614 - 11/29/12 07:00 AM Re: "The Truth Shall Set You Free" [Re: Magellan]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Good insight, D!

i also have found it to be very freeing - the more i tell, the less burdened i feel. and the more i realize the lies i have been force-fed and have accepted and incorporated into my life and my self-perception.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#417638 - 11/29/12 01:11 PM Re: "The Truth Shall Set You Free" [Re: Magellan]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
The truth did set me free. I had been programmed 2 believe lies tht I was only made 2 provide sex as a kid, it would be the only thing I was told I was good at growing up on a regular basis. I believed it, and fell for the shame-guilt and fear cycle. Those chains were broken when I realized God already knew everything. With that I found forgiveness and freedom, and learned to forgive as God will hold them accountable so I don't have 2. Im not angry boy anymore, just healing and growing in my newly restored faith...:)

#418627 - 12/09/12 09:54 PM Re: "The Truth Shall Set You Free" [Re: Magellan]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Amen D.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.