Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
6 registered (Scott1962, Obi, 4 invisible), 41 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63644 Topics
444489 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#41858 - 02/09/03 05:27 PM The Poll of all Polls.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
Do we think Polls could be useful to the forum ?

#41859 - 02/09/03 05:36 PM Re: The Poll of all Polls.
Lloydy Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: England Shropshire
These Polls are me figuring out how to work the damn thing as much as anything else, but do let your view be known by voting, and if there's a big majority one way or the other then we'll have to respect that or talk about it some more.

So, if anyone has any ideas about what they'd like to see Polled then let me know and we'll have a go.
The software does allow for multiple questions and multi-choice answers, but I'm still figuring it out a bit !

I don't know if there's anything we should avoid or at least be wary of, let me have your views on that as well.

I do wonder though if the relativly small number of users, nearly all with the same background and problems, would result in poll results that were biased and unreliable, and maybe of more harm than good to us ?
I don't know at all, but if there is anyone out there with knowledge of surveys and polls perhaps they could guide us.

Dave

#41860 - 02/09/03 06:15 PM Re: The Poll of all Polls.
blaidd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
I think polls are a good idea, however would suggest that only moderators have the authorisation to create them.

Depending on the question, I think polls might offer some form of validation for people.

regards

blaidd

#41861 - 02/09/03 06:41 PM Re: The Poll of all Polls.
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
I agree with Blaidd. Seeing the answers to polls let me get a feel for where I am or where I might want to get going to.

I think it would be helpful to know the different ages of guys here. e.g. 0-18 18 t0 25 etc etc

I also think it would be helpful to know who the perp or perps were e. g.
family membe
friend of family
babysitter
clergy
coach
youth leader e.g. BSA
Male
Females
Perps under age of 18.

how long a member of MS/Nomsv/M.A.L.E.?

It just helps to knopw others had a similar experience. or others have been around for such and such a time and are still working on recovery.

Bob

#41862 - 02/09/03 10:06 PM Re: The Poll of all Polls.
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Quote:
I agree with Blaidd. Seeing the answers to polls let me get a feel for where I am or where I might want to get going to.

I think it would be helpful to know the different ages of guys here. e.g. 0-18 18 t0 25 etc etc

I also think it would be helpful to know who the perp or perps were e. g.
family membe
friend of family
babysitter
clergy
coach
youth leader e.g. BSA
Male
Females
Perps under age of 18.

how long a member of MS/Nomsv/M.A.L.E.?

It just helps to knopw others had a similar experience. or others have been around for such and such a time and are still working on recovery.

Bob
Ditto. Actually Bob these are just the types of polls I had in mind. Particularly about who our perps were. Maybe also the number of perps, the number of times we were abused, our ages when abused, things we've done to get help, etc.

Again, I'm willing to wait for more opinions & feedback on this.

Dave, your poll is a good idea for starters.

A poll about polls--what a concept!

Victor

#41863 - 02/10/03 11:56 AM Re: The Poll of all Polls.
Wuamei Offline

Loc: The left turn I should have ta...
Dave:

Please check your PMs. Thanks.

Victor

#41864 - 02/10/03 03:04 PM Re: The Poll of all Polls.
Chey-Wy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cheyenne, WY
I like everyones ideas for questions. I also think it would be interesting to know what age you were when you were victimized. I feel that I am the odd ball since I was "of legal age" for three of my 4 sexual assaults.

I was also wondering if these questions could be placed in someones "profile" I know that I talk to so many guys in here and while all of our stories are similar I get confused who is who. It would be nice if when chat, you could pull up their profile and get the answers to the questions.

Also, No one would be forced to give out information that they didn't want to.

Just an idea.

take care

John

Yeah, the good Lord gave us mountains,
So we could learn how to climb

#41865 - 02/10/03 06:30 PM Re: The Poll of all Polls.
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
John, you surely are not the only one here who was assaulted after reaching the age of consent. It is just that the fellows who have mentioned that have not posted lately.

Sometimes I wonder if it would be of value to have guys here who connected with some other survivor drop them a pm to let them know they are important to us.

I did that last evening. I hope the guy is ok with getting my message. We have had some really great guys come, post for a week or tweo and then stop. I don't know about you, but I miss a lot of them.

Bob

#41866 - 02/10/03 09:46 PM Re: The Poll of all Polls.
Little_E Offline
Member & Volunteer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: London UK
yeah, total mate, I know i dont post that offeten, but i'm on everyday reading and walking with you all, just most of the time, i dont know what to say, or where to start!

DISTUBED VISIONS OF AN UNDERWORLD!!

#41867 - 02/11/03 08:01 AM Re: The Poll of all Polls.
guy43 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Minnesota
Questions I've had on my mind since coming here:

• Do you think/feel that your life will never get any better?
  • Do you read the posting and don't know how to reply sometimes?
  • Are you afraid to post your own topic (start a new thread) because you think you can't write very well?
  • How big of an impact has your sexual abuse experience(s) had on your life?
  • Are you in an intimate relationship now?
  • Have you ever had a truly close "I'm in love with this person" intimate relationship? If yes, for how long?
  • How disfunctional was your family (or whatever you grew up in) when you were growing up?
  • Did you feel like a social outcast in school? Starting when - elementary, jr. high, high school, college?
  • Do you think you have a sexual addiction?
  • What do you need that this web site doesn't have but might be able to provide?
  • Do you have good memories from childhood?
  • What do you do for fun now?
  • Are you in pyscho-therapy now?
  • Do you have confusion over your sexual orientation?
  • If you feel emotionally/socially stunted or arrested, at what age would you rate yourself?
  • Do you have a spiritual life? How do you practise it?
  • What do you want most from life?
  • What tools/tricks/coping mechanisms have been most effective in your recovery?
  • Have you reached a point in your recovery where you feel you've resolved your issues so that you can lead the life you want?
  • Do you think recovery is a lifelong process?
  • Do you think recovery is possible?
  • Do you have hope for the future?
  • Are current events (global, social, environmental, economics, etc.) having a negative impact on you now?

For me, knowing that I'm not alone with my laundry list of post sexual abuse/childhood neglect consequences is a bridge to making connections with other survivors of SA. So many times somebody has posted something here that has stuck a chord with me that helps me to know that I'm not a freak.

These polls could serve as a beacon for areas the MaleSurvivor Organization could focus on.

jer

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.