Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (wearytraveler), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443456 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#418505 - 12/08/12 08:57 AM Kevin "Elmo" Clash and underaged teen boys
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...-puppeteer.html

This is a comprehensive article detailing all 3 accusers against Kevin Clash, all of them 15-16 at the time.

Two of them - Cecil Singleton and "D.O." - say they met Clash on gay chat lines and were willing participants, but now years later feel bad about it because of the totally unequal dynamics in age and authority; they say it's a potential risk for him to work around kids so much.

The first - Sheldon Stevens - tells a very different story. He insists he was a heterosexual and a virgin and at 15 only hung out with Clash because the older man promised he'd help build an acting career. That when they were together Clash plied him with drugs and steered everything towards sex, and now with it all done he's dealing with confusing SSA feelings. This is the one who recanted his accusation, then un-recanted it and gave the money back.

Kinda hard to know how to respond. Some elements of the story read like a shakedown / pile-on, and there doesn't seem to be any proof of sex while any of them were minors. But the stories do all basically match. The Stephens matter is the most disturbing in terms of the grooming and coercion described.

"Elmo" is an American icon - I can't be the only parent here with hordes of his merchandise and crap in the house - so the story becomes very sad both if it's true and if it's false.

What do others think? Do you believe the accusers?

Edited by SoccerStar (12/08/12 09:01 AM)

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#444888 - 08/21/13 12:09 AM Nicholas "Ewok" Read indecent exposure [Re: SoccerStar]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Actor who played Ewok in Star Wars and Harry Potter goblin spared jail for indecently exposing himself to schoolgirl on train.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...t-exposure.html

War
Love
Poetry

#445023 - 08/21/13 10:24 PM Re: Kevin "Elmo" Clash and underaged teen boys [Re: SoccerStar]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
Originally Posted By: SoccerStar

The first - Sheldon Stevens - tells a very different story. He insists he was a heterosexual and a virgin and at 15 only hung out with Clash because the older man promised he'd help build an acting career. That when they were together Clash plied him with drugs and steered everything towards sex, and now with it all done he's dealing with confusing SSA feelings. This is the one who recanted his accusation, then un-recanted it and gave the money back.

Kinda hard to know how to respond.

Recanting or retraction of accusations (when they are likely true) is a common enough phenomenon that it's pretty well documented in scholarly shrink publications. This is more often the case when children are reporting when they are STILL children, but the principles remain for younger adults (who are reporting being abused as children) as well.

One such paper is the "Practice parameters for the forensic evaluation of children and adolescents who may have been physically or sexually abused" published by the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (AACAP).
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9432518

In fact, that paper knows what it's talking about: one of the principal authors of the paper was past president of the AACAP, william hamilton ayres, a "psychiatrist" who was convicted on 8 counts of child molestation just this past May. He awaits sentencing this coming Monday.

I, for one believe that it is most likely that even the young man who has recanted his testimony was telling the truth when he made his initial claims.

It's crushing that so many people stand up for these criminals that victims simply recant rather than live with the ire and backlash.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.