Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63111 Topics
441348 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#417906 - 12/02/12 12:55 AM Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Many here at MS know the story of Johnny Gosch. It was 30 years ago on September 5 that 12-year-old Johnny was abducted from Des Moines, Iowa.

I just happen to come across a notice that MSNBC is preparing a documentary on the subject, and thought others at MS might want a head's up.

The air date is scheduled for December 16 at 9 pm eastern.

Below is the link and the description from the website.

Cant

http://johnnygosch.com/

MSNBC’s dynamic news documentary series Maximum Drama continues to present thought-provoking stories with the premiere of “Missing Johnny,” an examination of the infamous thirty-year-old cold case of missing child Johnny Gosch –the first missing child to appear on a milk carton- on Sunday, December 16th at 9 pm ET. “Missing Johnny” focuses on the heartbreaking story of Johnny’s mother, Noreen Gosch, and her relentless quest to find the truth about her missing son.

“Missing Johnny,” chronicles the endless intrigue and conspiracy theories surrounding the eyewitness sightings, physical evidence and case-turning discoveries which span across three decades. The documentary intertwines original interviews of all the main characters with archival news footage, home video and film material spanning 30 years. Interviews include the last adult to see Johnny, the West Des Moines police captain and a convicted child molester who says he took part in Johnny’s abduction.

The Maximum Drama series takes viewers to the places that are usually considered off limits and out of bounds. The season includes fascinating stories such as an investigation into the human trafficking industry in “Sex Slaves: Chicago,” as well as the premiere of “Ted Bundy’s Death Row Tapes.”

#418404 - 12/07/12 12:09 AM Re: Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC [Re: cant_remember]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
There are things about the Gosch case that are unbelievably creepy even by pedo kidnapping standards.

TRIGGERS - KIDNAPPING, RAPE

The mother, Noreen Gosch, has several times over the years been sent photos of boys who had been bound and gagged, some of them pretty clearly in tears and distress. One of them sure seems widely agreed to be the real Johnny Gosch post-kidnapping - wraring the same pants he was in on his last day at home. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children seems to find them genuine. She put most of them up on her website, but says there are others she was sent that she cannot post, pictures showing Johnny and other boys soon after their rapes, with rectal bleeding.

She also swears that Johnny visited her once afterwards, describing a bizarre middle-of-the-night meeting with a then 27-year-old Johnny and a slightly older man, to whom Johnny behaved subserviently and had to ask for approval to speak. Allegedly, Johnny had escaped from a pedophile ring, was in mortal terror for his life, and had to live in secret under a fake name. He left very soon and has never contacted her again.

There is no corroborating evidence whatsoever for that meeting. Maybe the poor woman, after a decade of loss and heartbreak and seeing things no mother should see, went nuts or got drunk and hallucinated, or some merger of that.

Or... maybe it's true. *shudders*

Edited by SoccerStar (12/08/12 05:32 AM)

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#418446 - 12/07/12 04:36 PM Re: Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC [Re: SoccerStar]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This is one of the photos from the Johnny Gosch web site

[Image removed by ModTeam]

All images are from the johnnygosch website:
http://www.johnnygosch.com/

They guy who kidnapped me at age 12 was an expert at tying knots and used the type of rope shown in this photo. Same precistion work. He taught the rope-tying class at the Boy Scout Camp. Does that mean anything? I can't get anybody to pay attention to this detail. I WAS TIED WITH THE SAME KIND OF KNOTS IN THE SAME KIND OF ROPE. I know, go down to the local hardware store and buy more rope......

Puffer

Edited by ModTeam (11/12/13 10:13 PM)
Edit Reason: Triggering image.

#418465 - 12/07/12 09:50 PM Re: Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC [Re: cant_remember]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

There are only so many ways you can usefully tie up another person. All the styles might have converged from the same military training manual. Shawn Hornbeck described being tied up much the same way - 25 years after Johnny Gosch and probably 40 years after you, Pufferfish.

Those pictures give me the creeping horrors. Who does this kind of shit?!?!??

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#418468 - 12/07/12 10:21 PM Re: Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC [Re: SoccerStar]
MaleSurvivor

***Triggering***

Yes, I suppose that kind of thing might have happened at various times. Yet there is the matter of the method of operation. There seems to be a matter of "style" in the use of clean, new, hemp ropes tied with a meticulous attention to type of knot.

However, I wasn't tied in that position. I think that's called 'hog-tying', and it's for restraint. On the Johnny Gosch web site it says that those were 'trophy photos'.

I know that my abuser was an expert at knots because he showed us the booth at the camp where he taught the use of knots. He demonstrated the tying of various knots with that same kind of hemp rope. Every kind of knot was demonstrated in front of the booth. It was quite intriguing. After leaving the knot-tying booth he led us up a wooded path to the top of a hill. On the way he was pointing out the different kinds of trees. He made a comment about the slippery elm tree... I even mention that in my pufferfish story part 5. The next booth was actually a rustic floor with a roof and lots of tables around for making leaf imprints. To a 12-year-old it was quite intriguing.

I know that the knots Johnny is tied with have specific names, which I don't remember for sure. There are names such as clove-hitch, half-hitch etc. I think that in the photo the boy's legs are tied with the same kind of knot used to tie logs together. His hands are tied too tightly and they are turning red, so the circulation has been impeded. The knot on the wrists may be called a 'clove hitch'.

I was tied in a different position. He took me out of bed while I was sleeping. I awoke nude and face-up, one arm tied (with that kind of rope) to each bedpost and one ankle to the other bedposts, etc., etc. The position is called the 'spreadeagle'. sex position. I think he used that term but not that night.

The mood of my captivity was similar to that shown in the above photos. Desolate, lonely, helpless, hopeless. Yes, in that sense it is quite provocative to me too, but for me it's a memory. So it's yes, I've "been there, done that" in the sense of having been held captive like that. Perhaps he even enjoyed that aspect of abuse of making somebody captive and subduing their will.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (12/07/12 11:38 PM)

#418485 - 12/07/12 11:57 PM Re: Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC [Re: cant_remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

((((((((Puffer)))))))

Soccer, the people that do this, their day will come.

Cant

Edited by cant_remember (12/08/12 12:04 AM)

#418488 - 12/08/12 01:00 AM Re: Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC [Re: cant_remember]
MaleSurvivor

Thank you guys, for your comfort for something which never quite heals.

There is a significant thread here at MS on "Kidnap Survival":

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...true#Post318937

There are a bunch of us who report having been kidnapped. There is a post from a rare survivor of the psychopath Clifford Olson who kidnapped and killed boys.

I have recently finished reading the book about Aaron Fisher's ordeal at the hands of Jerry Sandusky. I learned many good things from that book. One of them was that those abusers are looking for a certain type of victim, or a certain type of boy. They are seeking a profile of the type of boy they want to molest. So it makes sense to me that my abuser was looking for something which he found in me (unfortunately sick ). He didn't have time to groom me. He used brutal force.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (12/08/12 01:04 AM)

#418489 - 12/08/12 01:04 AM Re: Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC [Re: pufferfish]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
The mood of my captivity was similar to that shown in the above photos. Desolate, lonely, helpless, hopeless. Yes, in that sense it is quite provocative to me too, but for me it's a memory. So it's yes, I've "been there, done that" in the sense of having been held captive like that. Perhaps he even enjoyed that aspect of abuse of making somebody captive and subduing their will.

Puffer

Puffer I'm more than sure that sadistic abusers are doing it because of feelings of helplessness, desolation and fear in eyes of victims frown
These pictures are because of that very very troublesome for me, I can see how they looked on that children-victims, absolute domination (and beyond) was only goal of such treatment, if it is needed destruction has been applied till victim wasn't brought to the weakest spot between reality and loss of consciousness, between life and death where sense of lost is the strongest frown
It is true that they are looking for some type of victims. That sometimes doesn't include only "look", for example will to fight till last moment and instincts shown during such torture could be equally of interest frown

(((Puffer)))

#418491 - 12/08/12 01:27 AM Re: Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC [Re: peroperic2009]
MaleSurvivor

Here is a thread in which I show my pictures before and after the torture/abuse thing at age 12.

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...0799#Post350799

It actually took me quite a while to put all these pictures together. I knew I didn't like some of the pictures. Then it dawned on me that my distorted facial expression and posture were actually symptoms of what I had experienced.

Here is a picture of me immediately after being set free:

Contrast this with my picture in the avatar.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (12/08/12 02:35 AM)

#418499 - 12/08/12 05:30 AM Re: Johnny Gosch doc on MSNBC [Re: cant_remember]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

(((((Puffer))))) I've told you this before - I'm so glad you survived.

The similarity of binding methods has not gone unnoticed in other forums.

ANOTHER TRIGGERING TIED-UP KID PHOTO
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5139055&postcount=18

This is another picture sent to Noreen Gosch. On the right is disappeared kid Steven Kraft. There is a good resemblence. The binding methods match those described by Shawn Hornbeck. Based on the date and location of his disappearance there is a lot of speculation in Internet and law enforcement circles that the same perp (Michael Devlin) did Kraft too. Devlin denies having other victims, but since he would have to have killed any others, that's what you would say if you wanted to avoid the death penalty isn't it?

No one will ever know.

Edited by SoccerStar (12/08/12 05:47 AM)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.