Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cja (49), crackerjack (55), nursemanda25 (33)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63403 Topics
443286 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#418162 - 12/04/12 01:11 PM Former PSU Prez. Spanier Seeks Bail Change
tshodson Offline

According to Associated Press, former Penn State President Spanier is asking that his bail restrictions be loosened so he can travel and go to his home in New York. Interesting.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ex-penn-st-president-seeks-looser-bail-travel

#418171 - 12/04/12 03:10 PM Re: Former PSU Prez. Spanier Seeks Bail Change [Re: tshodson]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

"He also cited a desire to travel to the United Kingdom for a project involving the U.S. Department of State."

This is possibly bullshit.

In July, we learned this from the Washington Post:

"His lawyer confirms to the Loop that Spanier is working on a part-time consulting basis for a “top-secret” agency on national security issues. But the gig is so hush-hush, he couldn’t even tell his attorneys the name of the agency."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/in-t...Ax5BX_blog.html

*NOW* Spanier tells the court his work "involves" the State Department? Something here does not add up.

How hard would it be for Spanier to tell his attorney he works for State? Not hard at all. How likely is it that Spanier's requested trip abroad is for a government agency that is *not* the State Dept? Better than average.

Will the Court allow itself to be lied to?

Cant

Edited by cant_remember (12/04/12 05:26 PM)
Edit Reason: "involved"

#418176 - 12/04/12 03:47 PM Re: Former PSU Prez. Spanier Seeks Bail Change [Re: tshodson]
tshodson Offline

This will be interesting...The normal person charged with the same or similar things would probably not get such latitude...

#418195 - 12/04/12 07:58 PM Re: Former PSU Prez. Spanier Seeks Bail Change [Re: tshodson]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Tshodson if it was you or me we’d be dead, unable to make bail the jail population would take care of a pedo by proxy and spare the taxpayers the expense; we are really some eff’d up animals, its ok to rape an adult in jail, but if your jailed for being a pedo, well you know? Sorry just can’t see the logic here, isn’t rape still rape or am I missing something?

Cee

T. Paine

#418323 - 12/05/12 09:52 PM Re: Former PSU Prez. Spanier Seeks Bail Change [Re: tshodson]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Judge issues a delay in ruling on this and other motions:

"A district judge indicated he needed more time to resolve pending motions before presiding over a preliminary hearing for Graham Spanier, Tim Curley and Gary Schultz. The Jan. 7 trial of Curley and Schultz for some of the charges they face was also delayed indefinitely."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/stor...ey-gary-schultz

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.