Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (Don Laufersweiler, CCDC, LPC, ethereo222, Obi, 2 invisible), 24 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63210 Topics
441991 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#418318 - 12/05/12 08:58 PM Faith in People Restored
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Last week I posted to a Facebook page that is actively working on incentives to promote awareness of CSA and to implement initiatives to help victims. I thought the posting was private and stated I was a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and applauded them for their initiatives. I never thought it would be posted to my Wall on Facebook. It was posted and shortly after posting I received a message stating how proud a person I knew years ago was of me for not being silent and raising awareness of CSA. I was taken off guard and a bit scared because I never expected others to see this message. The messages and postings to my wall continued. I was amazed at the support and awareness many have of CSA. I also would run into people and hear the same words they had seen my comments. Tonight I went for drinks with friends and out of the nowhere I heard they saw the posting and how proud they were of me for having the courage to post the message. I explained it was not my intent but after it was seen by others, I felt good. I never expected the wonderful support. I have reconnected with people offering support, gave me their phone numbers and told me they are here for me and to call at anytime. One particular person I could tell had intimate knowledge or experience of CSA because they said do not listen to those who tell you they know what it is like to live with childhood sexual abuse because they have no idea. They think it is nothing and have no idea how it destroys the life of the child. I just said I understand and said I was here if they needed someone to talk to about CSA. I was quite relieved and now I believe my shame has been my shame. I also allowed the shame to control me as well as to allow those around me who taunt and try to stop the healing process to control me. It would be wonderful to have those around you express the support and heartfelt wishes others who I have known in life have expressed to me. I now know it is person specific and not society that turns an eye to the abuse and hinders healing of the victims.

So today I have renewed admiration for those that support the victim and their realize the devastation CSA causes.

Edited by KMCINVA (12/05/12 09:00 PM)

#418320 - 12/05/12 09:04 PM Re: Faith in People Restored [Re: KMCINVA]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Amazing, KMC!

i am so happy for you that it turned out so well.

Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#418321 - 12/05/12 09:13 PM Re: Faith in People Restored [Re: KMCINVA]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

me too--that it turned out so much better than I feared. After the first message was posted I did not check my facebook account for two days--I was scared who saw the posting and responded. But after seeing who responded and reading the comments and messages my fear was lifted.

Edited by KMCINVA (12/05/12 09:30 PM)

#418322 - 12/05/12 09:36 PM Re: Faith in People Restored [Re: KMCINVA]
Tyler845 Offline

Loc: U.S.A.
This is awesome KMCINVA.

Over-Ride Emotional Conflict With Rational Truths

You Are Freer Than You Think - Paul Berteaux

Come unto Me, all ye that Labor, and are Heavy-ladened. I will give you Rest -Jesus Christ

#418331 - 12/05/12 10:54 PM Re: Faith in People Restored [Re: KMCINVA]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Amazing! An accidental disclosure can be terrifying but now you see that all the people close to you are on your side. You probably really helped someone without even knowing it.

And, hey, at least it's not a secret anymore wink

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#418406 - 12/07/12 12:31 AM Re: Faith in People Restored [Re: KMCINVA]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Yes it has been amazing and hopefully healing. Tonight I had a meeting and someone came to me and said how brave I was--of course in my mind I could not accept. She told me of her abuse 5 decades ago from someone very close to her family and the years of therapy she underwent to feel good. I never thought I would learn to heal and be supported to heal from an unintended disclosure.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.