Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (gettingstronger, don64, pow, Jwmcd2, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442205 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#418299 - 12/05/12 07:17 PM I want to know
BDD Offline

Loc: PA, USA
I finally admitted that some how I was affected before any incident I recall. Once I admitted it I recalled that my T has said repeatedly that I was sexualized early, I just didn't hear him.

Does anyone else have the scars, but doesn't know why? My T suggested I say/think "I want to know" instead of my mantra "I don't know". Which I really see is an invitation for myself to open up.

Guys this is big for me. I always presented/thought of myself as a twisted pervert. But if I just look at the facts, 5 year old boys can't equate violence , humiliation and intimidation with sex. That's not what I was born with, I learned it and i want to know how.

#418306 - 12/05/12 08:14 PM Re: I want to know [Re: BDD]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

You could read some of my back posts. I struggle with this constantly.

Cant

#418314 - 12/05/12 08:44 PM Re: I want to know [Re: BDD]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
BDD -

when i started with my T i wasn't really looking for anything more than what i already knew or remembered. i sort of felt like there might be more buried but wasn't really wanting to dig that much. but more memories came as i was working on what i already knew about. kind of like ignoring a bird or animal that you know is out there and being still and focussed on something else - until it comes enough closer to you that you can see it. once the "new" memories emerged - it was as though i had always know them. i recognized them and knew that they were true - and not invented fantasies. but it was not easy to deal with - there was a reason i had repressed them for so long. i have gone beyond that now, though. they are a part of me but not the biggest or most important part.

hope you find what you need to heal,
Lee

Edited by traveler (12/05/12 08:45 PM)
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#418319 - 12/05/12 08:59 PM Re: I want to know [Re: BDD]
BDD Offline

Cant, my post actualy started as a PM to you. But as we never spoke I thought that was wrong. I have been reading some of your posts. I admire your courage and determination.

Traveler, thank you. I half expect it will be like finding my glasses have been on my face all along.

I think what I need to share is that I really have stopped seeing myself so negatively. There were really strong forces shaping me, pushing me into dangerous situations. I have come to know the real me and what stands in my way.

#418365 - 12/06/12 10:16 AM Re: I want to know [Re: BDD]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Feel free to PM me any time.

Cant

#418369 - 12/06/12 11:32 AM Re: I want to know [Re: BDD]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Originally Posted By: BDD
I half expect it will be like finding my glasses have been on my face all along.

BDD: Once I saw how I'd been affected by CSA fallout since age 6, I thought it was like reaching for my glasses on the nightstand in the dark and finding them exactly where they were supposed to be.

I know better than to blame all of my limitations, foibles and failures on that terrible childhood experience--but what a coincidence it was, to find a few dozen of my strangest, previously least-explicable tics and troubles listed in volume after volume of "male survivor" literature. Peace!

John

#418434 - 12/07/12 09:36 AM Re: I want to know [Re: unhappycamper]
BDD Offline

Thank you Cant_t and John,

I feel oddly calm. Seems when I take a step I feel a little stunned and wordless.

#418438 - 12/07/12 11:12 AM Re: I want to know [Re: BDD]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

My T also says the way I say things is my way to be evasive. For example "I can't" means I do not want to--I guess how we perceive ourselves and the abuse can influence how much we uncover and face the past. I am now more sensitive how I say things so as not to influence myself--which could be a positive for recovery or hinder recovery.

#418961 - 12/12/12 06:59 PM Re: I want to know [Re: BDD]
BDD Offline

I need to make a safe place for my little boy to do what he needs to. It's no surprise that the kid I've vehemently hated for so long doesn't confide in me. Why did I hate him? Because he hid from the other boys. He wasn't like the other boys. He didn't belong. How could I belong if I was afraid? It was all a vicious cycle.
I am really fighting my knee jerk revulsion when I think of him. I have gotten so much better. This might not be PC but I think the hate did break the cycle. By hating that scared little boy i became removed from him. But I don't need it anymore. I don't want it anymore. I think it is time to respect his fear, not berate him for it.
Thanks for letting me ramble.

#418963 - 12/12/12 07:04 PM Re: I want to know [Re: BDD]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Beautifully said.

Originally Posted By: BDD
I need to make a safe place for my little boy to do what he needs to. It's no surprise that the kid I've vehemently hated for so long doesn't confide in me. Why did I hate him? Because he hid from the other boys. He wasn't like the other boys. He didn't belong. How could I belong if I was afraid? It was all a vicious cycle.
I am really fighting my knee jerk revulsion when I think of him. I have gotten so much better. This might not be PC but I think the hate did break the cycle. By hating that scared little boy i became removed from him. But I don't need it anymore. I don't want it anymore. I think it is time to respect his fear, not berate him for it.
Thanks for letting me ramble.

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.