Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
4 registered (Scott1962, TJ jeff, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443023 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#418216 - 12/05/12 03:35 AM hi
panda Offline

Loc: Michigan
i don't really know what i'm doing here.
it happened when i was 9
i'm 26
i recently recovered memories of it.
i'm seeing a therapist but she is not available 24/7 like a message board. i don't really know what to expect.

#418218 - 12/05/12 03:45 AM Re: hi [Re: panda]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hello Panda wink Welcome to MaleSurvivor!
I'm glad that you discovered this site and that you came here.
It seems like many of us came without knowing what to expect.
I was the same a little bit over one year ago and can tell you what I've found here.
I've found great people who were willing to share their experience, I've found many stories that helped me not to feel alone, I've found a lot of resources that helped me to better understand impacts of abuse, I've found compassion and support which sometimes I can't have in real life and many more.
Please take some time and learn about site guidelines, rules and what is offered to us and share as much as possible!
Be well!

Pero

#418232 - 12/05/12 07:24 AM Re: hi [Re: panda]
finallyopen Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Welcome to MS
We are all here for the same reason.
People in here share your situation and find others who have experienced the same situations.
Share as much as you can, no one will judge - we are all here for the same reason .. an outlet.
Male friends that understand.

#418259 - 12/05/12 11:15 AM Re: hi [Re: panda]
panda Offline

thank you for the warm welcome. i was nervous signing up but i feel better about it now

#418271 - 12/05/12 01:28 PM Re: hi [Re: panda]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: panda
i don't really know what to expect.

Dear Panda,

Welcome. You can expect a group of guys who "get it". Guys of all ages who have had experiences and feelings similar to yours. Guys at all stages of recovery who you can learn from. Guys from all nations, of all sexual orientations and experiences, who despite our differences, will support you and whatever you're going thru.

You are courageous to be dealing with your CSA at 26. Many of us kept it bottled up till much later in life and have wasted many years trying to deaden the memories with alcohol, drugs, sex, and bad relationships. You have the opportunity to create a life as a whole healthy man. Go for it!

Jude
You've got to roll with the punches to get to what's real"
Van Halen

#418275 - 12/05/12 02:07 PM Re: hi [Re: panda]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Hi Panda, my abuse started young, at around 6 for me. This site, and getting T, have helped me deal with it and I am making progress sorting it out and moving forward. I know you can too. Welcome.

#418277 - 12/05/12 02:41 PM Re: hi [Re: panda]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Panda,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

In addition to your individual therapist, your county rape crisis center may have a group for males. If they do not currently have one, you may be able to get them to create a group, though that may take some time. You can find a list of the Rape Crisis centers here.

There are several books you might find useful.

Abused Boys: The Neglected Victims of Sexual Abuse by Mic Hunter

Victims No Longer by Mike Lew

I am certain others will share titles they have found useful. You can find these titles, and others here at the bookstore.

Take your time and look around. You do not want to trigger yourself by reading too many posts at one time.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone) which translates to 2 PM Eastern US time zone. The Healing Circle on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in January.

Again, welcome to MS.

Anomalous

#418289 - 12/05/12 05:15 PM Re: hi [Re: panda]
panda Offline

I am a transsexual man. This means that I fully identify as a male and live my life as a male. However, I was born with a female body. At the time of my assault, nobody knew I was transsexual; they all thought I was a tomboy.

One individual in chat was initially very supportive. We were telling each other our stories and also getting to know each other, like you do in the beginning of a possible friendship. So, I decided to tell him about my gender identity. Initially, he was very respectful, treating me as a full man and asking appropriate questions to try to get to know me better. Then he warned me that most people on here would not accept me as a man and therefore would not accept me in a men-only support group.

All, is his assessment of this community correct?

Edited by panda (12/06/12 10:02 PM)

#418301 - 12/05/12 07:27 PM Re: hi [Re: panda]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey panda, it is true that sometimes some members are very sensitive for gender issues. Survivors are sometimes easily triggered meaning that could be explosive and not easy to talk to. I'm sorry if you already experienced that.
I know that some women were coming to chat and even were attending healing circles but it was needed to reveal gender in the beginning and all brothers were very supportive, I don't see any reason why would be different with you, you felt like man trapped in female body, you were very honest and very open and said all that.
Once more welcome to Male Survivor brother wink!

#418303 - 12/05/12 07:29 PM Re: hi [Re: peroperic2009]
panda Offline

So you see my gender as female?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.