Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
2 registered (don64, CheerfulJohn), 28 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447740 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#417993 - 12/03/12 12:52 AM Re: I have no photos of myself age 4-16 [Re: Alidade]
crazy gecko Offline

Originally Posted By: Alidade
I don't have any pics of me from my childhood either. I just have one baby pic of me crying in Santa's lap. My aunt has all the photos that my grandparents had taken over the years and she says she intends to scan them but it's been nearly five years and still no progress. I try to be polite when I speak with her about the photos but my patience is wearing thin. It's as if she is holding my childhood hostage from me but I haven't dared tell her that.

I'm sorry... it really sucks that she won't make the effort to do something that's so important to you... frown
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#418097 - 12/03/12 10:03 PM Re: I have no photos of myself age 4-16 [Re: crazy gecko]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
cg

I've thought about going to the communities where I lived in order to see the yearbooks. I have one yearbook from when I was in 9th grade and it seems to document my despair. I scanned some of the pictures and have actually posted them in here. Everything like that helped me to fit together the pieces.

Puffer

#418125 - 12/04/12 01:22 AM Re: I have no photos of myself age 4-16 [Re: crazy gecko]
crazy gecko Offline

A friend who lives on a different continent asked me yesterday to send her a recent photo of my daughter. I got home last night, and started up my laptop to find one to send to her. I opened up explorer and sat staring at the long list of folders containing photos of her, and suddenly the tears were flowing. So many photos... so much love. And I had none. Nothing. No photos, no love. No one ever cared enough about me to want to preserve memories of my childhood. cry

So here's my confession: I am jealous of my own daughter. I wanted what she has. I love her more than the air I breathe, and all I ever wanted when I was a child, was for someone to feel that way about me. Sometimes I think I could have handled all the other shit if only there was someone - anyone - who loved me...

So in the end I couldn't even open one of those folders. I can't believe something like that could trigger me so badly...
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#418126 - 12/04/12 02:28 AM Re: I have no photos of myself age 4-16 [Re: crazy gecko]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hang on Gecko,
one my friend showed me couple months ago the song that he and his buddies in junior school or kindergarten were singing for Christmas. It is song about lonely boy who is playing with snow flakes.
I were crying all evening when listening that song. Even I have many photos from childhood, even my parents were full of love and support, there were moments when I as boy was left completely alone and that feeling is haunting me ever since from time to time.
I wonder is there sadder feeling of being left alone as child ?
There are many things that could easily bring such hurtful emotions on surface, sometimes we are more fragile and we can easily get into it, sometimes we are more solid.
Hang on brother!
And you know now when I almost cried (yep it is embarrassing but true wink ) when reading about your feelings I just need to give you my warmest hug, you are not alone my friend

((((Gecko)))) smile

#418129 - 12/04/12 04:49 AM Re: I have no photos of myself age 4-16 [Re: crazy gecko]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Hey Gecko

I understand.

It if only someone cared about us the way we care about our kids.

It is unfair and sucks. I get jealous of the love and affection that my kids get from me...I wanted that. I didn't get it.

We can't change the past but we can make sure it doesn't repeat.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.