Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
1 registered (I Want 2 Thrive), 24 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63580 Topics
444204 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#418017 - 12/03/12 08:11 AM Football, Manhood and Suicide
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Mods, feel free to move Off-Topic if you're inclined.

About Jovan Belcher and Kasandra Perkins. Not directly related to CSA but, as men, a shared conundrum I think is a good read for suvivors and those who support them:

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/03/opinion/powell-football-manhood-suicide/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

#418486 - 12/08/12 12:08 AM Re: Football, Manhood and Suicide [Re: Lancer]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Lancer,

It would be easy to dismiss this sad story as that of just another egocentric celebrity athlete who couldn't control himself. But its worth our stopping and thinking about what we as men (gay, straight, or whatever) stand for.

With all our focus on our CSA and recovery, we forget that there's more to life than that. Love, caring, compassion, helping others, making the world a better place, being there for someone in need. None of it sounds very "manly", but at the end of it all, its all we leave behind us in this world.

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.