Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 57 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62552 Topics
438308 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#417308 - 11/26/12 03:50 PM Re: Telling my story, hoping for support [Re: nomorevic]
Dolphinboy Offline

Hi Vic, welcome to this site and thank you for sharing. Yes, there are worse cases here, but in the end we are all victims - or survivors, depending on how far you are in the healing process. I feel for you, having to deal with close family member who is also an abuser. In my case, my brother was my main abuser. I know how it feels to hate someone, the same person who was your hero.
Good luck to you and your family.
and became Dolphinboy,
my own protector.

#417326 - 11/26/12 06:24 PM Re: Telling my story, hoping for support [Re: nomorevic]
seikei Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hello nomorevic and welcome to MS. If support and understanding is what you want, you've come to the right place. Congratulations the steps you are taking to begin healing and I wish you well.

Seikei

#417422 - 11/27/12 06:08 PM Re: Telling my story, hoping for support [Re: nomorevic]
Shyshark Online   sad

Loc: Canada
Hi nomorevic ...

My story is not exactly like yours, but close enough to elicit some very strong empathy.
I also tend to downgrade what happened to me in comparison to many others here ... and that's the key word ... 'here'
We are all 'here' ... and we all took different roads to get 'here', some much rougher than others ... but we are all 'here'.

We are where we belong ... in the hearts of wounded kindred spirits ... where you often needn't even finish a sentence ...
we already know how it ends ... with pain and anguish ... and now with us ... who understand.

You are 'here'

#417583 - 11/28/12 09:25 PM Re: Telling my story, hoping for support [Re: nomorevic]
kcinohio Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Thanks for posting your story. Even with differing circumstances, it can feel odd to be estranged from a family dynamic that is sick (even when that other-generational than immediate, but the immediate denies the problem & is toxic for any real solution, in my past case). Anyway, the courage of boundaries in spite of being vilified for it is my take-away here. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.