Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
1 registered (don64), 76 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62517 Topics
438110 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#417469 - 11/27/12 10:48 PM A new chapter (Veiled 28)
iamnotbubba Offline

Loc: Colorado
Wow! I'm rather proud of this one. Read my new chapter. Veiled (28)

Thanksgiving was very difficult for me. Full of triggers and pain. I apologize about the delay.

iamnotbubba

http://www.perpetuallyhealing.com/

#417470 - 11/27/12 11:14 PM Re: A new chapter (Veiled 28) [Re: iamnotbubba]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
sorry about your Thanksgiving. holidays are tough for me too. maybe that's one reason we live as far from my family as i can get. birthdays are bad too.

this one was really hard to read - not your writing - but the content. i can see why it was hard to live! for me it's not churches that trigger - but schools - the halls, the boys' rest rooms, the locker rooms. not quite the same - but similar maybe.

thank you for another installment and for taking us along.
Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#417528 - 11/28/12 11:35 AM Re: A new chapter (Veiled 28) [Re: iamnotbubba]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Very well written iamnotbubba!

I know it was incredibly trying both physically and emotionally for you to go into that church. The way you described your struggle I know it was fought a minute at a time. Regardless of your difficulties YOU DID IT. You went back to church and proved that you can be safe there even if it was hard this was a positive step. Congratulations : )

As for "God's representative on Earth" I know you know that is not the case. I am non-Christian but if I recall God's only representative on Earth was Jesus of Nazareth. The rest of us are on an equal plane. Furthermore Mark 9:42 states: “Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him if a great millstone were hung around his neck and he were thrown into the sea." Jesus used the word "causes" because he knew children need to be taught sin and are the most susceptible to guile and deceit when it comes to being subjected to sin itself. The Catholics have a saying: "corruptio optima pessima" or corruption of the best is the worst. That disgraced minister was not God's representative and I am sorry for your suffering at the hands of someone you trusted to fulfill that role.

Way to keep moving forward man! You faced your fears and came out on the other side without being abused and affirmed in the reality of your own strength : )

#417537 - 11/28/12 01:21 PM Re: A new chapter (Veiled 28) [Re: iamnotbubba]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Don't forget to treasure your wife. A person who supports and loves your is priceless.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd

#417625 - 11/29/12 09:45 AM Re: A new chapter (Veiled 28) [Re: iamnotbubba]
iamnotbubba Offline

Loc: Colorado
Thank you thank you all for reading!!

Publius, you are right thank you for that. it has been a year since that day, I am still nervous about trying to go back to church again.

Jude, i do treasure her, she is AWESOME!!!!!

iamnotbubba

http://www.perpetuallyhealing.com/

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.