Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
3 registered (BraveFalcon, bluesky, 1 invisible), 34 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#417283 - 11/26/12 09:39 AM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: seikei]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Don't be ashamed of your decision - as others said it was an obvious escape mechanism.

Any reconstructive options should be discussed only with legit urologists and plastic surgeons. Do not trust ANY website on any side of the circ issue.

I could certainly envision a "new" foreskin looking right and feeling mostly right, but keep expectations realistic. You can't create and transplant a working mucus membrane, the old glands, etc.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#417356 - 11/27/12 07:28 AM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
I have seen the info out there on restoration and am leery of what that entails. One thing I came to learn was circumsicion--whether at birth or as an older kid or adult generates a lot of emotion on all sides of the issue.

There are non-surgical methods to gradually stretch the remaining foreskin---but that doesn't seem to be an option for me since I have absolutely no foreskin to stretch. Until looking this stuff up, I had no idea there were different "styles" of circumcision. The doctor never asked me how much to take or leave. It was an all or nothing proposition...because he took it all.

The surgical methods are iffy and described to be quite expensive and painful. Certain urologists specialize in male reconstructive procedures and have quite a bit of experience treating combat and workplace injuries (!).

Just talking about it has helped...once I get something out in the open, I tend to feel better. I'm a little more circumspect about circumcision. First, everything works just fine down there...it is a psychological thing, really. Second, being circumcised in this country is hardly unusual. Finally, it's perhaps a little like a tattoo from one's younger days---would you do it today---probably not---but you keep it as a reminder of the good and bad of your youth.

Thanks for all of the input.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#417386 - 11/27/12 11:38 AM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
It would be nice if healing could be accomplished just by cutting off some body part, but if that were the case I'd be willing to cut off my penis if it got me over this CSA crap.

I was circumcised at birth and didn't even know it till middle school when they made us take gang showers and I saw what the others looked like. You don't miss what you never had.
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.