Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, Robert Barrett), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#417257 - 11/25/12 11:05 PM Why
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
It is a question I often ask about what happened to me as a child. Things that should never happen. Then things happen in your life that cause you to ask the same about other things. I have been praying for a friend of my older son. His name is Nathan and he is pretty much dying of cancer. He was diagnosed at age 14 and is now 15. He has been on a roller coaster of chemo, radiation, broken bones due to tumors and unspeakable procedures in desperation to save his life. He even went to the school in the state north of Ohio (wearing an Ohio State Buckeye jacket) for help. Sometimes all you can do is pray and cry. It would actually feel good if there was someone evil you could beat up, but there isn't.

What really sucks is that this is the sweetest kid in the world. That doesn't mean he is a woosy, he was part of a wrestling program that turns out studs and champs like few schools can when he was diagnosed. But his brother is autistic and he not only wasn't jealous of the necessary attention but showed a love and patience for him that can't be taught, only admired. Having talked to one of his coaches, Nathan is a kid who, if you told him to run through that brick wall might not make it through but would hit it pretty hard anyway. I knew that from when he hung around my son before they got into different sports and drifted apart. Sorry, just needed to vent.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#417958 - 12/02/12 05:36 PM Re: Why [Re: catfish86]
Shyshark Offline

Loc: Canada
For me ...
The Serenity Prayer has been a refuge, an inspiration and a teacher ...
It has been of enormous comfort to me ... and has seen me through much anguish ...
and also the pain that others bear ...

I send it to Nathan in the hopes that it will give him even some little comfort ...
and to you ...
Shawn

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.