Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63106 Topics
441316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#417050 - 11/23/12 10:19 PM I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)??
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#417058 - 11/24/12 01:51 AM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
You did what you thought at the time was best for separating you from your abuser and the abuse itself. Most of us have something we regret doing in the past as a result of our abuse but I am sure the fact that you have to look at your penis every day might server as an unwelcome reminder of your loss. There is plenty of argumentation going around concerning circumcision in general but concerning your own experience I want you to remember you were trying to excise your abuse/abuser from your mind. Your decision to get a circumcision in no way makes you complicit in the decision of your abuser to hurt you. You were merely, understandably, trying to escape the abuse from what I have heard.

#417070 - 11/24/12 07:45 AM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Ruins of a past unknown-

#417120 - 11/24/12 08:45 PM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Suwanee

Do not be hard on yourself. You did what you thought would help you at the time. I understand your feelings of control by the abuser--sexual abuse is not only physical but psychological as well as emotional. We need to heal so many different aspects of ourselves. I am sorry you gave up something that was a part of you. You learned it was not this part that was hurting, but rather the heart and mind. It can take a lifetime to free ourselves from the perps. But you are on the way--keep going and life will look up and you will begin to see yourself for who you truly are.

#417230 - 11/25/12 06:36 PM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Ruins of a past unknown-

#417235 - 11/25/12 06:47 PM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
Treehugger75 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
I can relate.... this may be a bit too much information but my genitalia is exceedingly scarred and I'm nervous and aprehensive about well lit nude encouters. I for years have hated my appearance to such a degree that I pick at any blemish on my person in hopes that one day i could finally "fix" me and like myself. I have dug holes in my face down to the bone of my jaw and my "member" was never spared my incessant personal scarring technique. I've found its a fairly rare form of self harm as only one other person I have met actually does what others call cutting with their bare hands. And to be honest other than my face which everyone can see its where most of my picking took place. Everytime I use the bathroom my actions stare me in the face. So while the instrument of manipulation may have been different, I can fully understand a lack of comfort and pride in actions we took in the past that leave a lasting mark on our persons. That being said I'm hopeful one day to be able to share what I just shared here ( I've only ever shown my GP my penis in ample light ) with a partner who can look past it. I cant wait to have a sexual encounter with the lights on.

#417237 - 11/25/12 06:54 PM * [Re: Suwanee]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 01:06 PM)

#417242 - 11/25/12 07:28 PM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
seikei Offline
MaleSurvivor

First, i want to apologize that the trauma about your abuse made you go to such extreme lengths. That being said, I think that there is hope to make yourself whole again. I vaugey remember procedures to reattach foreskin that might be avaiable. I could be wrong though. I don't have the capability to research it right now, but if it does exsist it kight be an option to help you in your healing.

Seikei

#417244 - 11/25/12 07:33 PM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
Treehugger75 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
I did ome digging for ya smile Heres a link
http://www.cirp.org/pages/restore.html

#417261 - 11/25/12 11:43 PM Re: I regret what I did ( self-punishment by proxy)?? [Re: Suwanee]
seikei Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks treehugger! :-)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.