Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443416 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#417206 - 11/25/12 02:39 PM A breakthrough: Personal Reflection and Projection
Jwmcd2 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Well, during a long restless anxious night, with the help of one of the members here being patient but hard-hitting (cheers Alidade) I was able to figure some things out for myself last night.

Anyhoo, I basically figured out something. Don't read this and think of self-hate, but it's like I realized I'm the one that is being neurotic or making myself feel ashamed or disgusting when I think about myself in a sort of sexual manner, then I started to objectify myself too in paradox. I thought others were doing that with me, but it's quite possible I was polarizing what was really happening.

So in a sense, sorry if I ever accused you of making fun of me or degrading me... I probably wasn't thinking very clearly. I'm still learning I guess, but maybe a little advice for other people could help:

Know your mind might cause or create problems, but that doesn't mean you're something to hate-- it just means you can work on it and heal.

I know I'm being quite vague though...

#417217 - 11/25/12 05:24 PM Re: A breakthrough: Personal Reflection and Projection [Re: Jwmcd2]
Letourski Offline

Loc: Canada
In recent months, I have learned the same truth you have reached. The mind is capable of creating its own problems. My studies in neuro-science have given me the ability to understand that my mind and brain are not separate, but one and the same. My personal power lies in the fact that I can choose what I pay attention to. When my mind drums up negative talk or self hatred, I just tune out and check back in when the chatter has slowed down.

This might not be what you are referring to, but that's what I got from it. It's often difficult processing the old tapes playing on repeat inside our minds, but eventually we can learn that they are nothing but lies and conditioning. The product of the abuse. Heal well brother.

Daniel,

#417218 - 11/25/12 05:49 PM Re: A breakthrough: Personal Reflection and Projection [Re: Jwmcd2]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Jeff,

Any step in recovery is a miracle and you are an amazing man for what you've accomplished. Keep up the good work buddy.

Jude
But he never betrays what he thinks.
Can you see the real me, doctor?.
The Who

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.