Newest Members
JLB, MrsC, wraphd, blufish, JPmc
12437 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carperson (26), Daryoush (59), Gary31 (48), Overburdened78 (33), scaredcrappie (29), ThomasO (63), Wornoutsoul (38), WRR (34), zakwilde005 (45)
Who's Online
8 registered (MrsC, Sonata1, bluesky, 3 invisible), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12437 Members
74 Forums
63851 Topics
445836 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416993 - 11/23/12 07:06 AM Is our U.S. Constitution worth all this?
WayTooConfused Offline

Loc: Florida
Ask any of our Soldiers, Sailors and any Officers who was sexually assaulted while on Active Duty -- That goes for male on female victims as well as MALE ON MALE. --- Ask them how does all this relate to their experiences in the military? You will find out that our situations are compounded on an unpresedented, most highly exponential scale, because the military has a way of down playing most situations to the point that us the victims have to cave in and do what the military says to do. Because, when we sign on the dotted line: were stating and agreeing to the fact that we've accepted that (even though we'll die for our country at all costs) we've given up our U.S. Constitutional Rights to: "Protect and Defend the Constituion of the United States, against all enemies foreign and domestic..." The key word here is "DOMESTIC", Let me play the devils advocate here, Unless you who are serving our country now and in the past (and you know what I mean) that unless you have lots of money to back up and investigate {Your Situation} and have the power to influence the "Press" to "GET INVOLVED"; most of us "POOR" soldiers, have no other alternative but to accept the military's decision in your matter of sexual assault as; "Our decision is, (THIS) and for the -- GOOD OF THE SERVICE -- (THIS IS WHAT WE'RE GOING TO DO.) There is nothing that us the "MILITARY VICTIM" can do about it... EVER...It is such a crying shame that the citizens of the United States or any other foreign country who has a military can tolerate and continue to tolerate the treatment of our service members in this way. Why do we continue to let our tax dollars cover this blemish up with the "Makeup" of deception?

#416998 - 11/23/12 09:52 AM Re: Is our U.S. Constitution worth all this? [Re: WayTooConfused]
Bean1971 Offline

Loc: UK
While discussing rape in the army (I kept my abuse quiet during the discussion) I was told by someone who was in the US military (and whose father died in the US military) that even though these things happen, the abusers still deploy to protect me and my family while I sleep, so therefore it is acceptable mad

Even though he didn't out right say it, that is what he meant!!
I was so upset about it, that a human being actually could think something like that!! mad

"...just below my skin I'm screaming..."

#417094 - 11/24/12 02:20 PM Re: Is our U.S. Constitution worth all this? [Re: WayTooConfused]
WayTooConfused Offline

Loc: Florida
I agree. For me: "Taking one for the Gipper." and then seeing these same guys go to war, come back, and then get medals pinned upon there chests or worse getting promotions that they clearly did not EARN, and knowing that they got away with a crime, is such a dispicable act. Too bad the military doesn't have a medal for certain levels of being a coward. Their acts of Cowardism should be noted for all to judge.

#419646 - 12/20/12 11:54 AM Re: Is our U.S. Constitution worth all this? [Re: WayTooConfused]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
WTC,

I am sorry I didn't find this thread until just now. I wish I had come across it sooner just to let you know you are being heard and how troubled I am to hear of these reports.

I had no idea of the magnitude of this problem in the military. Starting with someone like me, what can we do to bring this secret out into the open?

From comments in this thread and other threads on the subject of sx. abuse in the military, it seems we (the US) have accepted sexual assault as a fundamental element of the institution. Those of us who have not been aware of these assaults and cover ups have been duped into believing they are rare and isolated cases.

I am a civilian who didn't serve. I wasn't afraid to die in enemy fire, for I knew those moments of danger would be somewhat limited in comparison to the hours spent alone with others in the service. I feared being assaulted in some way from within the ranks of those serving around me in the way my father assaulted me as a child. I have hoped it was an irrational fear, but it seems it was intuitive. To this day I cannot sleep in the same room with anyone.

So, what can someone like me, a non-vet civilian, do to shed light on this violation of our soldiers? Is there something we can do? Would letters to authorities urging change begin to crack the door open? Where should we begin?

#419666 - 12/20/12 05:29 PM Re: Is our U.S. Constitution worth all this? [Re: WayTooConfused]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Was having a good day until I went into the head at FFSC on NAS Whidbey Island and saw flyers on the wall with pull off phone numbers: Sexual Abuse Reporting “if you see something say something”. The issue was that the some of the numbers had been pulled off, would post the pics but does it matter, we all knows this goes on, must have been around 10 were pulled off, but how many guys just walked out, how many guys are suffering? I think this must really be a huge problem I know this was not discussed when I was in, almost 20 years ago, but it had to go on. Just sad.

Cee

T. Paine

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.