Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447939 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#416933 - 11/22/12 10:05 AM Thanksgiving Thoughts
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
Hi All,

Obviously Thanksgiving is a difficult day for many of us. The traditional idea of friends and family coming together can be triggering for many survivors for whom the home was itself a source of danger.

But while acknowledging that, I want to encourage us to try and take at least a few moments today to embrace one part of the Thanksgiving theme that I feel is worth celebrating. It is always a good idea to embrace and express our gratitude for those things in our lives that are good. Many of us spend years trapped in anger, pain, and shame and being able to express our gratitude for something helps to remind us that there are things outside of ourselves that are good.

I'll start by sharing with everyone how grateful I am for having been given the opportunity to give back to MaleSurvivor and for the amazing moments this new role has afforded me so far. I'm also tremendously grateful for all the people who helped to make the conference last weekend our most successful one yet.

I would encourage others to share what they are grateful for, and if they are not feeling particularly grateful, it's ok to share that as well.

I hope you all have a safe and healthy weekend.

Chris

#416935 - 11/22/12 10:28 AM Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts [Re: Chris Anderson]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother,

Wishing you the same well wishes on this uniquely American day.

I am thankful for this site, and all my brothers here, as they are my fraternal family.

Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#416946 - 11/22/12 02:16 PM Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts [Re: Chris Anderson]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
I am lonely and extremely depressed and angry. But ill do another fucking gratitude list for things I should be grateful for because that's what I'm supposed to do... Even though there is absolutely no purpose or value in my life.

I am not grateful that I was tortured by my classmates, sexually abused and tortured by my cousin (and some other unidentified person), severely neglected by my mother, and born with two disabilities which cripples my ability to communicate with others. The trainwreck of my childhood continues to wreck any possibility of creating any real meaningful connection to others. I'm so excruciatingly lonely, and it gets worse with time, not better.

I'm unable to feel love or intimacy or closeness. Every fucking holiday season get harder and harder as I become older and more bitter and lonelier.

I hate life. Happy thanksgiving to those that have friends and family your close to. You are blessed.

#416948 - 11/22/12 02:32 PM Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts [Re: Chris Anderson]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Magellan,

I'm thankful you were quick to respond when I first came to MS.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#416950 - 11/22/12 04:21 PM Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts [Re: Chris Anderson]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
i am thankful that i can talk about it all here
i am thankful that i can cry now
i am thankful that i can feel things again - even when not the best feelings
i am thankful for others who understand

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#416952 - 11/22/12 05:03 PM Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts [Re: Chris Anderson]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
This site is really something special and I am happy I was welcomed here with open arms. I am thankful for you all, for the progress we have made, and for the healing still to come.

#416953 - 11/22/12 06:23 PM Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts [Re: Chris Anderson]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I too am thankful for this site. It has helped me in ways many of you will never know. You have been there in the darkest of times. The people have hearts and understand the plight we each bear each day as we try to heal. We know the memories and pain will be with us for a lifetime. I am thankful for the survivors and supporters who stand by waiting to lift each of us from despair and celebrate our healing and when a set back comes--you are there.

Unfortunately we had to meet under these circumstances but I am thankful for each and everyone of you..

Edited by KMCINVA (11/22/12 07:29 PM)

#416957 - 11/22/12 07:09 PM * [Re: Chris Anderson]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 01:04 PM)

#416958 - 11/22/12 07:11 PM * [Re: Chris Anderson]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 01:04 PM)

#416968 - 11/22/12 09:04 PM Re: Thanksgiving Thoughts [Re: Chris Anderson]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
I am thankful I didn't give up on myself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.