Newest Members
jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312, Just Hanging
12342 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12342 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443449 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416903 - 11/22/12 02:31 AM The Providence of God ***TRIGGERS***
bobcat83 Offline

I believe in the providence of God...that nothing happens that He does not permit.

Then why did God let this happen? Why didn't He stop him from doing what he did?

I don't know the answer.

#416921 - 11/22/12 07:35 AM Re: The Providence of God ***TRIGGERS*** [Re: bobcat83]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Bobcat, this is the struggle so many survivors suffer in when trying to find healthy, positive support. The answer is understandable, but not easy.

You are right in that in good or evil, God has set limits and is aware of every activity. He permits an amount of evil, buy "why"? Even His own Bible writers asked him why? Habakkuk 1:3 asks why God allowed him to see suffering, surrounded by violence? Rest assured Bobcat, God knows you are suffering. He cares for you and he tells us this in 1 Peter 5:7.

I am proud to see that you are not blaming God for the wickedness Bobcat. God is not wicked nor can He be, that is a lesson that many simply cannot understand, but you have a solid grasp on it.

The whole world is controlled by the wicked one at 1 John 5:19. The wicked one, Satan, has a short period of time to prove his allegations about God and mankind. Remember God gave all his creation free will. Satan and our parents Adam and Eve misused that freedom to act against God and His Purpose. More than that, Satan alleged that Adam and Eve would be better off not listening to God. God has allowed time for humans to be their own authority, to determine if such accusations are true.

Bobcat, we suffer because of the actions of Satan, our first parents, their decisions that have affected generations including our parents and those who we personally know as well as time and unforeseen occurrence. In a world that God does not rule, we can suffer simply from being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I hope this clarifies the reason why God allowed this evil and why He did not stop it.

Where is the relief? That is found in understanding the Lord's Prayer in Matt 6:9,10 and 13, but that is beyond the scope of this topic.

My best to you Bobcat, the answers and the relief are present, they are understandable and they are do bring comfort. If I may, I could answer that for you in a PM or another topic?

Sam

#416924 - 11/22/12 07:53 AM Re: The Providence of God ***TRIGGERS*** [Re: bobcat83]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: bobcat83
I believe in the providence of God...that nothing happens that He does not permit.

Then why did God let this happen? Why didn't He stop him from doing what he did?

I don't know the answer.

God allows all humans and animals free will. God can't break the free will of anyone. Only God (all three), angels, Satan, demons and fallen angels have no free will. Those do good or evil and they've already chosen their path totally. None of those can change. Only we can chose good or evil.

God didn't let anything happen. He allows free will and people choose to do good or evil or neutral things.

Think of this way. If God controlled everything, we'd all be robots with no independent thoughts and actions.

What doesn't God stop evil? Free will. He can't. Now, he may get pissed there is lots of bad at someone and decide their time is up, but that's pretty much it.

People make choices. Good or bad or neutral.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#416929 - 11/22/12 08:46 AM Re: The Providence of God ***TRIGGERS*** [Re: bobcat83]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
this is not a direct answer to the question - but something that really has helped me:

God presumably loves Jesus - since Jesus is the Son of God. but God did not intervene to stop the torture, suffering or killing of Jesus. since that is something that i believe is true - it is also the way that i can still believe that God loves me - even though He did not stop or prevent the abuse. it doesn't explain why - but it makes it easier for me to accept.

another thing that comforts me is what Jesus said on the cross: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" - i know it might seem weird to find this comforting - but i have felt that exact same way - and if Jesus did too - i feel like he understands me and it is easier for me to feel close to him and harder for me to blame him or be as angry at him for what happened.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.