Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
5 registered (Cthulhu, Obi, don64, 2 invisible), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63220 Topics
442070 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416816 - 11/21/12 10:58 AM Holy God!
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I just heard that suicide among our servicemen and women is taking lives at a rate greater than enemy fire.

We KNEW THIS from returning Viet Nam vets!

We KNOW this about boys and teens surviving CSA.

Other nations have hyper-ramped-up intervention for both. We have waiting lists!

The Commander In Chief owns the problem with Servicemen and Women.

Still's Globs

New Video

#416819 - 11/21/12 11:07 AM Re: Holy God! [Re: Still]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
To add insult to injury - my therapist (who works with military brass dealing with troops suffering from PTSD at war) has said that the military has a checklist questionaire for troops to fill out after their tour of duty. If they indicate they may be suffering from PTSD - they WILL NOT ALLOW THEM TO COME HOME, and will keep them overseas, or even send them back out on another tour.

When I heard him say this, I just about lost it.

D

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#416821 - 11/21/12 11:15 AM Re: Holy God! [Re: Magellan]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: Magellan
If they indicate they may be suffering from PTSD - they WILL NOT ALLOW THEM TO COME HOME, and will keep them overseas, or even send them back out on another tour.

And this from the nation that we are to trust our healthcare to and surrender our right to self-defense.

Orwell was shooting WAY too low!

Still's Globs

New Video

#416834 - 11/21/12 01:41 PM Re: Holy God! [Re: Still]
IBB Offline

Well lets be honest. Someone suffering PTSD who is sent back out is more likely to be killed..... SO.... no pay, no pension, no college funds....

It's the ideal way to guarantee you'll never have to make good on all the lies they tell you when you enlist!

Gotta love our government.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.