Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (Scott1962, Obi, 1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63542 Topics
443969 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416457 - 11/16/12 10:51 PM I am new here.....
jd123 Offline

Loc: Missouri, USA
Hi......just joined tonight and am a little uncertain about what to expect. I just started my recovery journey a couple of months ago.

#416458 - 11/16/12 11:00 PM Re: I am new here..... [Re: jd123]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Welcome JD,

You can expect a community of men who understand what you've been through, and what you're feeling and experiencing. You can expect not to be judged, and to find out that you're not alone. You can expect both pain, and relief. Take your time, look around, read posts, and when you're ready post something of your own. Good luck.

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#416657 - 11/19/12 09:18 PM Re: I am new here..... [Re: jd123]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi JD. Welcome aboard.

I'm just starting to figure out what this place is about. Initially it was about tears for me. I would start reading a thread and would be crying often within a couple of minutes. (I've becove quite sensitive in the last year and a half) The stories would tear me up and I would have to leave and stay away for a while. Then I'd come back and go through it all again.

But eventually some of my tears were tears of joy from the progress some of the guys had made. It may just be a small step but sometimes those small steps are really significant.

It can be a little confusing at first since you don't know anyone here and different people use this place in different ways.

I find that I get a better understanding of some of my issues when I read what others are going through or have gone through.

I have yet to introduce myself and post my story. I'm getting more comfortable here so maybe soon.

Once again welcome.

#416802 - 11/21/12 09:31 AM Re: I am new here..... [Re: jd123]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi JD,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

Healing from these horrors is going to be the wildest roller coaster of your life. Though the lows may be very low, and the highs may not seem to be high enough or last long enough, things will eventually become more stable. The lows won't seem to be so low or last as long as they may be doing now, and the good days will come more frequently and last longer than you may be able to imagine.

You will get through this, though there may be times you question whether or not you will.

If you feel therapy is an option, there are resources available. For help in finding a therapist please read the Consumers Guide to Therapist Shopping. Psychology Today has listings of therapists for all states and counties. You can choose the type of therapist you are seeking as well as the area(s) to which you are willng to travel. Also check your county rape crisis center. They offer services to males and females, at no cost to county residents. Some offer support groups in addition to individual therapy.

Take your time and look around. You do not want to trigger yourself by reading too many posts at one time.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone) which translates to 2 PM Eastern US time zone. The Healing Circle on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in January.

Again, welcome to MS.

Anomalous

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.