Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
biggbill70 (44), CP4 (24), EddieMi (46), EddieT (46), hemi1024 (54), Kage (70), kdj_74 (40), Knightswhitehart (49), otlhouston (47), TX_Space (47), VirtualBman (50)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63793 Topics
445486 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416453 - 11/16/12 06:42 PM Hello
MattUK Offline

Loc: Staffordshire
I am Matt. I live in Staffordshire in England.

I am 46, married, with two daughters.

I was sexually abused by a vicar from the age of 3 to 5.

I was raped at the age of 21.

I want to survive.

I am beginning my journey to recovery.

#416454 - 11/16/12 07:52 PM Re: Hello [Re: MattUK]
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
Welcome Matt! I am proud of you, good attitude. You are a survivor that wants more, and you will get more as your recover.

Welcome!

Sam

#416459 - 11/16/12 11:04 PM Re: Hello [Re: MattUK]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: MattUK
I want to survive. I am beginning my journey to recovery.

Dear Matt,
Welcome. You have accomplished your first goal. You SURVIVED! Now do what ever you have to to move forward in recovery. This website can be a big part of it, but its your recovery to pursue in your own way. Hang around, read posts, and when you're ready post something of your own. Good luck.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#416482 - 11/17/12 04:38 AM Re: Hello [Re: MattUK]
CheerfulJohn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: England (at the moment)
Welcome Matt,

There are a few of us here in the UK on this site.

Sorry to hear about the abuse and the rape. May you get lots of support and friendship.

CJ

#416799 - 11/21/12 09:00 AM Re: Hello [Re: MattUK]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Matt,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

You do not say whether or not you are in therapy. If you feel therapy is an option there are several resources on the home page you may find helpful. Scroll to the bottom of that page. The last link for AEST is no longer working.

There are several books you might find useful.

Abused Boys: The Neglected Victims of Sexual Abuse by Mic Hunter

Victims No Longer by Mike Lew

There are books and other reading and reference materials here regarding the abuse/ assault you endured as an adult.

I am certain others will share titles they have found useful. You can find these titles, and others here at the bookstore.

Take your time and look around. You do not want to trigger yourself by reading too many posts at one time.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone) which translates to 2 PM Eastern US time zone. The Healing Circle on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in January.

Again, welcome to MS.

Anomalous

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.