Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438141 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#382797 - 01/19/12 07:08 AM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
EvanCan Offline
MaleSurvivor

I've made it to page 127. Yes, sir! This book is so awesome. I have NO TIME, ZERO, to be reading ANY book right now ... BUT whenever I have three spare seconds, I'm into your "Nice to Meet Me" book.
Chris, I can't believe how perfectly you've given a voice to what I've felt (what most of us have felt) for so long. But you have blessedly BOTH the TALENT and the BALLS to tell the story. My hat is off to you.
Guys! Get this book!! Chris, your brother, is helping us all, helping the world. Wow. (Thanks, Eva. <wink>)

#386898 - 02/23/12 06:17 AM Re: I published my book [Re: EvanCan]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
Chris,

I just finished your book. It is the best I have read on the subject, because it was so real and honest, down to earth and easy reading. Even better than my former favorite, my CSA Bible, 'Victim's No Longer'.

It was like I was right there with you all throughout the book. I have had many similar ideas and notions about myself and my CSA, so it was amazing to read it.

I am recommending it to everyone I can. Bless you man, for your courage and determination. It seems like an insurmountable task in my feeble mind, but it gives me hope for a better future.

Thank you!

take care and keep thriving man

peace

paul smile

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#386927 - 02/23/12 12:06 PM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
Avery46 Offline

Loc: USA
Chris,

It is good to hear from you. It is good to be of service to others. I believe the time you took to care for yourself and to write a book is so helpful to not only you but, others.

I look forward to reading your book.

Peace,
Avery

#387653 - 02/28/12 05:37 PM Re: I published my book [Re: Avery46]
Treehugger75 Offline

Loc: Ontario Canada
(read:I've just purchased a book :))

#402014 - 06/28/12 05:56 AM . [Re: BuryingJack]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (01/12/13 09:50 PM)

#403354 - 07/11/12 08:47 PM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
Paul68 Offline

Loc: Australia
This is the book that has helped me come to terms with my past.
I read the book before I even considered any kind of help or support.

The honesty and bravery that Chris showed throughout the book inspired me to seek help by reaching out and accepting help in whatever form was needed for me.

I am now in therapy, taking medication to assist in my recovery and seeking support from forums such as this.

I am reading the book at the moment for a second time and getting more out of Chris's story than I did the first time.

This book has truly been life changing for me personally. It has helped me face the past with an openess and honesty that I never thought I would be able to do.

Paul.

#410639 - 09/19/12 02:58 PM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Paul and others,

I apologize for taking so long to get back on this site and read your responses. Thank you so much - you've made my day knowing that you gained something from my story. A few weeks ago I went back and read the book myself. I actually never read the book at all, I just compiled the journal entries and then wrote an intro - and sent to the editor. It's so interesting to go back and see where I was mentally, and it was really fulfilling to see how far I've come in just 3 years.....and when I read the book I could see the progress I made back then, month-by-month. I highly suggest journaling to anyone who's taking action to take steps in recovery - it really helps later when you read it again - and it helps to re-read as time goes by.

Baby #1 arrives in a month or so. I never thought I'd be at this positive point in my life.

Thanks so much for the kind words. Wish you well.

Chris

#410688 - 09/20/12 12:27 AM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Chris,

I read your book, Nice To Meet Me, and profited from it. I recommend it highly to survivors of csa. For those who haven't read it, Chris' book talks about symptoms and feelings at different ages, relationships with wife and other family members, problems in employment due to csa, description of the perpetrator and how he operated, and difficulties with a first therapist and the need to shift to another therapist. Your book talks about feelings but it is also very practical.

Puffer

#410750 - 09/20/12 11:44 AM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
BuryingJack Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks, Puffer, for taking the time to read the book. Appreciate the kind review.

Chris

#410824 - 09/20/12 04:39 PM Re: I published my book [Re: BuryingJack]
GoHomeAgain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pennsylvania
Going to 1in6 now to the lending library. Thanks for having such courage.

(((((Chris)))))

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.