Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (md4e, Landscape, TOM2), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441784 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416594 - 11/18/12 11:00 PM any members here with time in AA
stumpy Offline

Loc: illinios
im in AA and i have a few questions about working the steps that i dont feel comfortable asking my sponsor. so if your in the program and have some time i would appreciate it if you could PM me.

thanks
stumpy

#416603 - 11/19/12 12:31 AM Re: any members here with time in AA [Re: stumpy]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
HI Stumpy

Been there and done the steps so PM me if you want some direction on the steps. The AA steps are great if drinking were your only problem, but we survivors have a unique problem that, for me, was not covered in the steps.
ASCA has a good 21 step program that is broken into three phases, and I use this in MatrixMen. It is more pertinent to our situation.

When I acknowledged the CSA in my life then the AA steps helped a little, they were more for my wife actually, you know the asking for forgiveness and the making amends part, but that needs to become a way of life rather than something you do once.
I waffle on, if you have questions, feel free to PM me.

Heal well
Martin

#416700 - 11/20/12 11:19 AM Re: any members here with time in AA [Re: stumpy]
sailfish Offline

Loc: Virginia
Four plus years......

#416716 - 11/20/12 03:20 PM Re: any members here with time in AA [Re: stumpy]
txt0791 Offline

Loc: Kansas
First joined the Fellowship in 1987 not AA but the closest relative to it. The steps can be extremely helpful in recovery from so many different problems we have in life. If you're still looking for advice and a sense of direction(I don't give answers only you have those) drop me a line any time.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.