Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
fakir (71), HelpMeHelpHim32 (41), motherstars (65)
Who's Online
3 registered (stalle, WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64191 Topics
447936 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#416627 - 11/19/12 08:55 AM Re: WTF - My Nephew on Adventure camp with my abuser [Re: Farmer Boy]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

OK,

If you really want to get to the bottom of this to know that you've done all you can do to ensure the safety of your nephew... here's a few ideas.

I don't know what the privacy laws are like there, but you can always try to:

A) Call or write (or both) to the university where he went. Ask if there's any disciplinary files on him for lewd behavior. Ask to talk to the university's legal department or president's office. Tell them that Jim is working with children and that you are concerned and ask if they have any information on file that would raise concerns for them that he's working with children.

B) Follow up on that "inappropriate behavior with a female student." Write/call that school. Ask if Jim was fired/dismissed as a result of it. Depending on privacy rules, you could ask the school to contact the girl's parents to tell them that Jim is working with children... and if they don't like that idea, then they can contact you and together the lot of you can reach out to Boys Brigade.

I think it's tough to use something a person did at 10 years old against him unless there's other evidence to show that it's a continued pattern.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Cant

#416629 - 11/19/12 09:11 AM Re: WTF - My Nephew on Adventure camp with my abuser [Re: Farmer Boy]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Lee,
good that you made that call and checked things. I'm proud on you man!
Related to Jim's age when he and your brother brought you into sex plays I would say that both they were kids at that time.
Don't know what some expert would say on all this but I somehow can't find child to be fully responsible for such acts. Kids are not at all aware of sexuality and once when it came to their lives because they are kids it become overwhelming for them and it colors their thoughts, plays and everything else.
I know because I went trough all that.
I've never felt abused in real terms, but as kid I was introduced to things that were inapropriate nor digestible for 6 year old kid.
I've been sad when I've read about your play with them two in that shower.
In my case such behavior has been brought by some adult to one kid (my bro told me how was it) and then it has spread among us boys.
He might be good man now (and your brother also), but I would like to know broader picture about their past, how everything started and how finished (that all doesn't look so innocent to me) to be able to conclude if there is need for some more action. Such plays doesn't start spontaneously. Don't know, those are just my thoughts.

Pero

#416632 - 11/19/12 10:41 AM Re: WTF - My Nephew on Adventure camp with my abuser [Re: Farmer Boy]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Some amount of homoerotic horseplay seems to be almost unavoidable among brothers within close age. The issue is always whether a person is pressured, harmed, threatened, or kept from refusing / ceasing / leaving if and when they wish. I could see that story being harmless experimentation or a source of nightmares based entirely in the mental state of the people involved. If it disturbs you then it was wrong - you need no further justification than that (*). Now, it is absolutely possible your brother saw and felt nothing wrong and had / has no idea of any bad effect on you (if there is one). You can steel yourself up to bring it into conversation:

"You may not remember this but there was one particular incident between you, me, and Jim that really disturbed me. I felt he took advantage of me when I wasn't in a condition to understand enough to say no. And I'm honestly concerned about the safety of kids near him. Maybe you think I'm wrong but that's how I feel about it, and I just hope you'd give the issue thought before letting Jim around your son in a private setting. At least make sure the boy knows all the 'bad touch' issues. It really isn't worth the regret."

(* = I saw a fairly graphic example of this as a boy. I was 13 and so was my best friend at that time. His kid brother was 11. Without going into too much detail, the older brother made it very clear that they would now play their apparently usual dry-humping game - he called it "Prom Date" - right then and there. Younger brother objected to doing it *now* but older would not and did not take no for an answer. Younger's complaints and attitude, looking back now, suggest that this was something he was okay with (or liked) most of the time but he was distraught and humiliated at being made to show it in front of another older boy (me) in what turned into a very much of a sexual dominance display - really apparently for older brother to show off to me what he could do for fun. Younger brother several times shot me looks of pure unmistakeable anger - I didn't belong there, it was different with me there. Apart from that one incident I was with both of those brothers regularly hanging out for years and years and they seemed like normal brothers on good terms. Older brother was EXTREMELY sexually aggressive / suggestive basically at all times. He introduced me to some behaviors that I enjoyed at the time but there was no mistaking that it was always his initiation / insistence. Years later I ended our friendship when he raped his girlfriend and then forwarded me the email she'd sent him detailing her shock and confusion and not knowing how to go on with life - like it was a joke he wanted to share with me!! But P.S. she got back with him and married him. World is a messed up place.)

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#416641 - 11/19/12 02:56 PM Re: WTF - My Nephew on Adventure camp with my abuser [Re: Farmer Boy]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Thanks guys

I guess this just felt like more of the same. My older brother (16 at the time) was abusing me at the same time and it felt like it was all connected. Like these older boys all wanted to us me for sex. It reinforced the idea that this is what boys do together and made the rest of it 'ok'. I would say that the difference in age/maturity between 6 and 10 is big enough to be an issue. I don't know. I'll have to think about it a bit more. It is obviously a grey issue.

more comments welcome

#416672 - 11/20/12 02:03 AM Re: WTF - My Nephew on Adventure camp with my abuser [Re: Farmer Boy]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Concerning your abuse it is my opinion that sexual precociousness does not exist in pre-pubescent boys and girls. Those who are in the midst of puberty, while curious and perhaps exploring their own sexuality, should do so on their own terms and with people their own age and never with any adults. Based on the shower story you told us I would suspect one of those boys was "taught" how to do those things at some point and was simply continuing the cycle of abuse with you. Was it his fault? Yes and no. A small minority of victims adopt the abusive mindset as a survival technique and I honestly don't think they stop without going through recovery.

A lot of us have trouble determining whether what happened in our past was abuse or not, however, I think it comes down to its impact on your life. The fact that someone thinks something might have been abuse usually makes me think it happened. I can recall a couple occasions with a boy and a girl when I was very young where we played "doctor." This involved no sexual acts whatsoever and left me with no sense of shame or guilt, rather I was confused as to whether or not her penis had fallen off and if so what that meant for me (little kid logic at its best) : P

I share your concern about your nephew. Frankly, I say go with your gut on this one. Furthermore, if you feel you are ready and only if you feel this way you should do exactly what you believe necessary to protect your nephew and his fellow scouts. He doesn't have to be sleeping in the same tent to get to them he just has to be there or "have a reason" for being around. The fact that he is a teacher who had an "incident" with one of his female students only serves to solidify my position.

My advice is to alert (anonymously if it helps) ALL of the scout leadership to that incident with the girl - there should be records if he was cited. Let them decide whether or not what happened at the school merits dismissal from the program. Generally speaking, teachers don't get reprimanded for "inappropriate behavior" unless it is something serious. After all, some of us know just how eager authorities can be to casually dismiss allegations as overreaction/fantasy/etc.

Use your best judgment!

Edited by Publius (11/20/12 02:08 AM)

#416681 - 11/20/12 07:49 AM Re: WTF - My Nephew on Adventure camp with my abuser [Re: Farmer Boy]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Thanks Publius

Ok earlier today I was feeling pretty stupid for overreacting to this incident in the showers - like I was just being over sensitive. I was feeling very embarrassed that I even brought it up and wanted to delete the whole tread.

I have since come to the conclusion that it definitely was abuse. I guess I was down playing it in my original description and how it affected me. These boys that I looked up to in every way (4 years older than me) masterbated each other in front of me and then tried to push their erect penises into my bottom. Also I feel like more happened at other times but I have no clear memories.

I don't care what anyone says - that was NOT OK.

I tried to think 'what if this was the only thing that ever happened to me'. Would that have had an adverse affect on an average 6 year old - forgeting about their motives. The answer is of course it would.

I will be doing something about Jim. At this stage I think I'll write a letter to the national, state and local offices of the Boys Brigade - probably anonymously. I've got to follow my gut. I think WE all have a special sense that picks up on sexual preditors and this guy really sets off alarm bells. I am geniunely concerned that he hasn't changed and may hurt or already has hurt another child.

I'm sorry I got everybody stirred up about this but thankyou all for your input....really.

#416688 - 11/20/12 08:58 AM Re: WTF - My Nephew on Adventure camp with my abuser [Re: Farmer Boy]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: FEMA Region 1
I have not read all the replies, but I've read your posts in this. I'm frozen in fear and KNOW (per my intuition) this guy is dirt. I KNOW (per my experience) these people do not fkg change.

I cannot tell you how I would end this turd. These people do not change! They don't. they dont ever ever ever change

#416778 - 11/21/12 02:20 AM Re: WTF - My Nephew on Adventure camp with my abuser [Re: Farmer Boy]
WriterKeith Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Farmer Boy, Lee,

Please, do not EVER feel sorry for speaking up. You may save the next "Lee."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.