Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (Serpenta, GT13568, 1 invisible), 65 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62504 Topics
438066 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#415866 - 11/10/12 03:03 PM Do NOT let the enemy steal your peace
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts... Colossians 3:15

The first thing you lose when you step out of God’s will is your peace. If you don’t have peace about it, don’t proceed! “Ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace” (Isaiah 55:12). Many times peace is all God will give you to let you know whether you’re in or out of His will. Every time you violate the peace rule you’ll regret it, because it’s a lot easier to get into things than to get out of them.

Jesus said, “My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth” (John 14:27). The world offers a feeling of peace that operates only when everything’s going well. But when all hell is breaking loose around you and yet you’re able to remain calm, you’re experiencing ‘the peace of God, which transcends all understanding’ (Philippians 4:7 NIV).”

So how can you operate by the peace rule? “How do I get this peace” you ask. By praying the prayer of commitment! That transfers the problem from you to Jesus! Listen: “Let Him have all your worries and cares, for He is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you. Be careful - watch out for attacks from satan, he prowls around like a hungry, roaring lion, looking for some victim to tear apart. Stand firm when he attacks. Trust the Lord. And remember that other Christians are going through these sufferings too. After you have suffered a little while, our God, Who is full of kindness, He personally will come and pick you up, and set you firmly in place, and make you stronger than ever? (1 Peter 5:7-10, TLB)

'Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for His answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand...His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest...' (Philippians 4:6-7 TLB).

There's power in peace! If the devil can't get you upset he has no power over you! He only gains control when you 'lose it' He will actually set you up to get upset; that way he can steal your peace, confuse you and make you run in circles. He knows God's Word can only be '...sown in peace...' (James 3:18 KJV). If he can keep you from receiving the seed of God's Word, he can rob you of the harvest of blessing that comes from it. That's why you must stay in peace.

Pay close attention to the words, 'Don't worry...instead, pray.' 'Let him have all your worries and cares, …””…Be careful-watch out for attacks from satan...Stand firm when he attacks...'

Don't give the devil a few days to work you over. The longer you wait to resist him, the stronger his hold over you becomes. The moment you find yourself worrying, stop and ask, 'What's the enemy trying to do here? If I give in to these thoughts and emotions, what will the result be?' 'Do not give the devil a foothold' (Ephesians 4:27 NIV). Know your enemy, and each time he attacks put him to flight by saying what Jesus said to him in the wilderness: '...It is written...' (Matthew 4:4 NIV). When Jesus said for the third time, 'It is written,' we read, 'The devil left him, and angels came and attended him' (v.11 NIV).

Next time you get all worked up, ask yourself 'What is the enemy trying to do here? If I give in to these negative emotions, what will the result be?' When you are upset you lose your joy and when you lose your joy you lose your strength, because ' "...the joy of the Lord is your strength" ' (Nehemiah 8:10 KJV). So today do your utmost to exercise self control and remain in peace!
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#415964 - 11/11/12 08:48 PM Re: Do NOT let the enemy steal your peace [Re: nltsaved]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
NLT, I still have no clue what joy is. I've lived with hate and anger most of my life. So much so, I really do hate emotions. Hate to say it, but do. Any fix for that in there? Peace.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#416522 - 11/18/12 01:01 AM Re: Do NOT let the enemy steal your peace [Re: nltsaved]
nltsaved Offline

Loc: Kc,Mo
draw near to God and He will Draw near to you

You must peruse God with everything you have no matter how long it takes. Look at the story of Joseph how God took him through so many things and yet for the ultimate good . He does things in a way that will have the greatest outcome the way that will effect the most people for His glory . When life becomes all about him and not about self this is when you are able to find Gods peace .

It does not matter how long it takes as long as your goal is to find God and to seek him with all of your mind all of your heart and all of your soul

Jeremiah 29:13 (NIV)
You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

It is not on your terms it is on his terms when you do this you will find him . It has to be whole hardheartedly not with conditions .

I do not want to hear a response about well i can not do this because of x y or z either do it or do not do it that is the only answer .

If you do seek him with all of your heart no matter how long it takes you will be rewarded . For he is a rewarded of those who diligently seek him

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

It is not I who says these things it is God who says these things do not take my word for it even though I am living proof of these things
But God will not lie and he will not Fail
you are not alone never were
WRITTEN FORM
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=339159#Post339159
Why i hate Religion but love Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY

#416645 - 11/19/12 03:45 PM Re: Do NOT let the enemy steal your peace [Re: nltsaved]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Phoenix, I learned to let go of hate and anger and it takes time. Doing so does not let the predators off the hook either, not in any way shape or form. God knows who they are and will deal with them. I know that now so I don't worry about it anymore. He is just too, you can count on that. Once I figured out all of this, and realized I was never defined by the predators no matter what lies they told me, I could start on letting go of anger and hate and I've found peace.

#416925 - 11/22/12 08:06 AM Re: Do NOT let the enemy steal your peace [Re: BuffaloCO]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: BuffaloCO
Phoenix, I learned to let go of hate and anger and it takes time. Doing so does not let the predators off the hook either, not in any way shape or form. God knows who they are and will deal with them. I know that now so I don't worry about it anymore. He is just too, you can count on that. Once I figured out all of this, and realized I was never defined by the predators no matter what lies they told me, I could start on letting go of anger and hate and I've found peace.

I'm not angry with my abusers. I'm angry at the 40 years of life (and probably the rest of it) that was stolen from me.

The only reason I'm angry with God is I served him faithfully as I knew how from 12-20-1992 to 2009 sometime and he never sent me help with all my problems. I asked for help. I cried for help and it didn't come. I know that is why I fell away from God. My cry wasn't answered as far as I knew.

I was also in churches as a kid (forced and hated it) and he didn't send any help there either. All those people didn't give a shit to say, "are you okay?" or, "you aren't treating your kid right" in all those churches growing up. I was also abused in churches mentally and physically and nobody said a word.

I remember sitting in a hospital suicidal and felt so alone. Last night, I said, "God, where were you?"

Church triggers me so much, honestly, I have to have breaks to even walk in one. I go and maybe not again for a month. Or, sometimes, week after week then take a break for awhile. If it gets to me, I just leave.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#418628 - 12/09/12 09:55 PM Re: Do NOT let the enemy steal your peace [Re: nltsaved]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
Great great great NLT. Totally on point. Awesome.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.