Newest Members
Xr2, clt, Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung
12371 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
5 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, Damian1974, pufferfish, 2 invisible), 32 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12371 Members
74 Forums
63587 Topics
444230 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416415 - 11/16/12 03:16 AM Courage to Heal: assistance please
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
I was doing the Courage to Heal workbook and it had a whole chapter on a support system. Other than MS and God, I have nothing and none local at all. Broke so shrinks are out. There are no support groups anywhere here (except for women).

Can you recover without a support system?

Going through the chapter on feelings, I couldn't really note how I felt, how I've felt in the past, nothing. Other than blah or angry or fear, there is nothing to feel.

I'm really at a loss to go any further. Any suggestions?

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#416417 - 11/16/12 03:28 AM Re: Courage to Heal: assistance please [Re: phoenix321]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: phoenix321
Can you recover without a support system?..... Other than blah or angry or fear, there is nothing to feel.

I think you can recover without a support system but it certainly helps. A support system can be a friend or two who understands what you're going through, or an on-line group like this. I have nothing but this site and AA, where I don't talk about CSA, just staying sober. But at least its people.

Feelings? Well you named a few: Anger, Fear. Add pain to your list and you've got enough feelings to work with. Happiness? Haven't felt it for years so I can't help you there, but I know it exists.
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#416426 - 11/16/12 09:07 AM Re: Courage to Heal: assistance please [Re: phoenix321]
webelos Offline

Loc: in mountains both in my mind a...
I am kindof in the same boat. I do have a T but that is not enough and I am using MS for my support system. Perhaps I should try and get that book and we can share together - maybe in a room here? Just thinking out loud.

#416465 - 11/17/12 12:23 AM Re: Courage to Heal: assistance please [Re: phoenix321]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Sounds good. I'm off to bed. Talk about it 2morrow.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.