Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
5 registered (peroperic2009, Lost Mountain, pete1973, 2 invisible), 72 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62500 Topics
438058 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416415 - 11/16/12 03:16 AM Courage to Heal: assistance please
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
I was doing the Courage to Heal workbook and it had a whole chapter on a support system. Other than MS and God, I have nothing and none local at all. Broke so shrinks are out. There are no support groups anywhere here (except for women).

Can you recover without a support system?

Going through the chapter on feelings, I couldn't really note how I felt, how I've felt in the past, nothing. Other than blah or angry or fear, there is nothing to feel.

I'm really at a loss to go any further. Any suggestions?

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#416417 - 11/16/12 03:28 AM Re: Courage to Heal: assistance please [Re: phoenix321]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: phoenix321
Can you recover without a support system?..... Other than blah or angry or fear, there is nothing to feel.

I think you can recover without a support system but it certainly helps. A support system can be a friend or two who understands what you're going through, or an on-line group like this. I have nothing but this site and AA, where I don't talk about CSA, just staying sober. But at least its people.

Feelings? Well you named a few: Anger, Fear. Add pain to your list and you've got enough feelings to work with. Happiness? Haven't felt it for years so I can't help you there, but I know it exists.
I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown, the dream is gone
And I have become comfortably numb."
Pink Floyd

#416426 - 11/16/12 09:07 AM Re: Courage to Heal: assistance please [Re: phoenix321]
webelos Offline

Loc: in mountains both in my mind a...
I am kindof in the same boat. I do have a T but that is not enough and I am using MS for my support system. Perhaps I should try and get that book and we can share together - maybe in a room here? Just thinking out loud.

#416465 - 11/17/12 12:23 AM Re: Courage to Heal: assistance please [Re: phoenix321]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Sounds good. I'm off to bed. Talk about it 2morrow.

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.