Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
iwishicared (41), Scott Oliver (53), TutDaVinci (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (voiceless, 1 invisible), 82 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63367 Topics
443097 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#416283 - 11/14/12 08:29 PM he's back!
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
i was wondering why I am so panicked by today’s meeting with the school superintendent. It has no obvious relationship with CSA issues. But I figured it out.

It is the same as the feeling I got from the step-father – the first abuser. The rising nausea, the gurgling, loosening bowels, the clenched cramping gut, the sinking heart, the dread and fear and helpless sensations – all are being re-lived. I have never done well with authority figures. I fold up, turn inward, shrink, disappear. And he is coming for a meeting today. Inside sources tells me he will be chastising the entire staff and presenting ultimatums. Scary.

He looks and acts nothing like the step-father. But there are other similarities – his inability to see anything from another’s perspective, his cutting tongue, his insistence upon his absolute power, his arrogance, his ability to ruin one’s future.

I have said this before – all my abuse was part of the same “thing” – I cannot separate the verbal or emotional abuse from the physical or sexual abuse. They were all esteem-destroying, identity–mangling, and soul-wounding. So – yeah – it does have a lot to do with CSA.

lee

Edited by traveler (11/14/12 08:29 PM)
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#416370 - 11/15/12 06:59 PM Re: he's back! [Re: traveler]
MaleSurvivor

I did it. I faced the fear and walked through it.

the meeting was infuriating. The “super” made vague sweeping accusations about how we weren’t working up to expectations and needed to fall in line and knuckle down and on and on – for about 45 minutes – ended with an order that we all have unity and trust him. Then he opened it for questions/comments…
(crickets)

no one was saying anything for about 2 minutes. I felt like I had a lot to lose if I tried to speak and then lost it. but I realized afterwards that I also had a lot to gain if I could do it. finally, I couldn’t take it anymore. I took the plunge and broke the ice. I called him on his lack of meaningful communication and lack of constructive involvement and his pattern of power plays and setting us up in an adversarial relationship. When I finished I was shaking like crazy. After that others spoke too. Safety in numbers, I guess. Who knows if anything will change – but at least those of us who stood up know where the support is.

When I got my heartbeat back to normal, I felt better than I have in days. It was almost like a taste of what it would have been like if I could have called the step-father out. I am steadier and energized and have more self-esteem. On the way to school this morning I picked up a smooth stone to keep on my desk to remind me of this. (See my avatar for an explanation! LOL)

LEE!

#416373 - 11/15/12 07:50 PM Re: he's back! [Re: traveler]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Originally Posted By: traveler
On the way to school this morning I picked up a smooth stone to keep on my desk to remind me of this.

I LOVE IT!...Lee the giant slayer!

Awesome work! I think you might have gained the respect of some of your colleagues in the process.

#416393 - 11/15/12 11:55 PM Re: he's back! [Re: traveler]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Well done sir. Way to make it through the meeting and then some!

#416395 - 11/16/12 12:10 AM Re: he's back! [Re: traveler]
Human Offline

Loc: private
Is it true that some people are just born mean? I hope not, but this guy sounds like he was.

Glad you have some supportive co-workers! You stood up to an abusive bully, yay! My gut instinct says something good will come of it.

#416396 - 11/16/12 12:33 AM Re: he's back! [Re: Human]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Lee

I'm glad you were victorious. The great battle of course was with your inner self. You may have had a panic attack.

Puffer

#416400 - 11/16/12 01:40 AM Re: he's back! [Re: traveler]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Holy sh*t Lee. You, sir - guess I can say it here - have a pair of brass ones. Well done. Especially for Little Lee.

#416401 - 11/16/12 01:45 AM Re: he's back! [Re: traveler]
MaleSurvivor

thanks, guys. remains to be seen if i still have a job next week...
Lee

#416410 - 11/16/12 02:11 AM Re: he's back! [Re: traveler]
crazy gecko Offline

Wow, that was pretty incredible! Well done for overcoming your fear and standing up for yourself!
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#416413 - 11/16/12 03:14 AM Re: he's back! [Re: traveler]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Lee, wow, you did great thing, you break the ice and said what you think, you have my hat off.
Your victory is our too!!!
Don'be scared of loosing job, it is impossible to find such good teacher and all they in school are aware of that smile !

Pero

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.