Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
MADcHATTER (54), Ready2MoveOn (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63788 Topics
445454 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416319 - 11/15/12 08:58 AM R. A. Dickey wins the Cy Young award
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

We're usually tracking perps here; but now, for some good news:

R. A. Dickey, the knuckle-baller for the Mets, won the NL's Cy Young Award, which is a big deal, especially considering that in his new memoir, Where Ever I Wind Up, he talks about recovering from CSA -- and how CSA recovery allowed him to embrace his differences and develop his knuckle-ball.

In short: his CSA survivor experience prepared him, however painfully, to become the best pitcher in the National League.

I believe we all have this ability to use our abuse history and survivor/recovery experiences to succeed in our own unique ways, and here is R.A. Dickey proving that.

Congrats to him, and to us all.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/...eyball-pitcher/

Cant

#416320 - 11/15/12 09:08 AM Re: R. A. Dickey wins the Cy Young award [Re: cant_remember]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
That is wonderful example, thanks for sharing Cant!

Pero

#416329 - 11/15/12 10:34 AM Re: R. A. Dickey wins the Cy Young award [Re: cant_remember]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
He's obviously a strong, well-grounded guy... if he can cope with belonging to the Mets! ;^}

John

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.