Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
9 registered (Jim1961, JW1230, ArizonaOcean, lapchinj, Dave PNW, 2 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64153 Topics
447634 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416116 - 11/13/12 11:20 AM Reporter Who Broke the Sandusky Story Goes to CNN
tshodson Offline

The young reporter who broke the Jerry Sandusky story, Sara Ganim, has left the Patriot News and just signed on with CNN.
Ms. Ganim won a Pulitzer Prize for her work.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/195361/pulitzer-prize-winner-sara-ganim-has-joined-cnn/

#416135 - 11/13/12 01:42 PM Re: Reporter Who Broke the Sandusky Story Goes to CNN [Re: tshodson]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Good for her.

In Aaron Fisher's book Silent No More, Sara Ganim does not come across very sympathetic to the safety and protection of Fisher in pursuit of her story on Sandusky... but on the other hand, she's a good reporter, got the story right, and is now being rewarded for her work.

Now, if she would only take Greg Bucceroni's claims seriously, she would be doing great. We wish her well at CNN.

Cant

#416149 - 11/13/12 03:47 PM Re: Reporter Who Broke the Sandusky Story Goes to CNN [Re: tshodson]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
It's good that there's now someone at a national news outfit with a special interest in Sandusky and (let's hope) others who were involved. I haven't seen anything lately in the NY Daily News or elsewhere regarding Bucceroni's "pedo ring" allegations.

John

#416151 - 11/13/12 04:11 PM Re: Reporter Who Broke the Sandusky Story Goes to CNN [Re: tshodson]
tshodson Offline

I think she will lead CNN through the appellate process on Sandusky -- Plus the Spanier case and others...Overall, I think this is a good thing...Sara is a tenacious reporter...

#416162 - 11/13/12 05:23 PM Re: Reporter Who Broke the Sandusky Story Goes to CNN [Re: tshodson]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
I am actually extremely dissapointed.
I view CNN as yet another outlet that refuses to cover stories the rich and powerful want to go away.

She was able to do what she has done in the venues where she worked.

At CNN, probably not so much.

Work like she put in on Ped State will be buried.

#416168 - 11/13/12 06:26 PM Re: Reporter Who Broke the Sandusky Story Goes to CNN [Re: tshodson]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
I saw her at the ATSA conf in Denver last month. She was the final speaker of the 4 day conf and was very powerful in her presentation.

She talked about how the story evolved, from some leads which were initially downplayed by her supervisors but her tenacity and legwork were rewarded by the final story and the Pulitizer prize.

I wish her well and hope that her efforts in the future will not be discouraged.

#416253 - 11/14/12 09:30 AM Re: Reporter Who Broke the Sandusky Story Goes to CNN [Re: tshodson]
tshodson Offline

I agree with Ken. I think we need to keep media attention on this issue. We can bring cases to the attention of our local media and try to get them to follow-up...Nationally, local media has not done a very good job at covering these stories in the past...Sara and the Patriot News were the exceptions...

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.