Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
8 registered (aniceguy, Cthulhu, pufferfish, 5 invisible), 66 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62526 Topics
438163 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#416150 - 11/13/12 04:10 PM Where to Begin?
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
TRIGGER WARNING

As a young gay boy in an abusive home, I went online to find support from adults. I had initially poitive experiences, but by the time I was 13, I was being asked to preform cyber sex with men online, playing in their fantasies, and having them record me. This went on weekly for five years, and it was the only outlet I had to express my sexuality...

When I was 17, I had sex with my first man, who was in his 40s. During my first two years of university, I did not know how to positively express myself sexually, and twice when I had too much to drink, men had anal sex with me without my consent. I see still both of these men who raped me on campus.

Having begun my recovery journey in the last year and a half, depression, flashbacks, and anxiety have been constants, but I am still pushing to shape a positive future for myself, maybe someday find a loving relationship, and follow my dreams.

I am really looking forward to connecting with other male survivors.

Many HUGS
JayBro

#416188 - 11/13/12 09:27 PM Re: Where to Begin? [Re: JayBro]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Hi JayBro

Welcome to MS.

I'm sorry for the abuse you suffered but I'm glad you found this place.

I hope you will find it as healing as I have. There are a bunch of great guys here who really care (and have a good understanding about what is going on in our heads).

Take your time and have a good look around.

#416189 - 11/13/12 09:33 PM Re: Where to Begin? [Re: JayBro]
JayBro Offline

Thank you Farmer Boy, that means a lot to me. I am real glad and lucky to have found this place as well. My university has free therapy sessions, and so this semester I have also been meeting weekly at a men's therapy circle which has also been real rewarding. While I am the only one there dealing with CSA, today was the first time in my life I recieved personal replies from other CSA survivors.

Thank you so much.

#416198 - 11/13/12 10:20 PM Re: Where to Begin? [Re: JayBro]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
For me, speaking freely is highly therapeutic. The MS boards give me that opportunity. I'm sorry you have experienced CSA, but I'm also hopeful your visits here will lead you on the path to healing. Share as much or as little as you feel comfortable with.

Will

My Story: Cruel Summer

#416202 - 11/13/12 10:31 PM Re: Where to Begin? [Re: JayBro]
JayBro Offline

I think so too, Will. It meant a lot to me just a few minutes ago to be reading your own personal story and journey. It really does give me so much hope to be seeing fellow men who have gone through the process I am in, and have gone on to lead fulfilling lives.

Right now, I am trying to discover what it means to be an adult, and a man, given my past. Even before the CSA, my childhood had much physical abuse from my parents (Which is why I went online), and I only learnt from my parents how NOT to be. But what about how TO be? What kind of a person am I? As a gay 21 year old, I feel disconnected from the general gay community, I was abused by so many men and as a teen I did not have much male comradery. However, discovering male comradery is something I crave so much now and I feel would be real beneficial in my recovery process.
My best friend in Germany really helped start this process, but he has not experienced CSA and I am only the 2nd gay person he has ever met, so sometimes when I really wish I could talk with him about these nitty-gritty things, he does not have an answer.
However, that being said, it does a world of good for me to see straight, bi, gay, and non-labelled men here uniting under common experiences and common understanding.

I am looking forward to where this community will take me.

#416206 - 11/13/12 11:03 PM Re: Where to Begin? [Re: JayBro]
traveler Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
Originally Posted By: JayBro
I only learnt from my parents how NOT to be. But what about how TO be? What kind of a person am I?
However, discovering male comradery is something I crave so much now and I feel would be real beneficial in my recovery process.
However, that being said, it does a world of good for me to see straight, bi, gay, and non-labelled men here uniting under common experiences and common understanding.

consider me to have checked "all of the above" - and then some.

i'm sure you will find at least some of what you are looking for here.

glad to have you with us,
Lee

Welcome, JayBro!
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#416218 - 11/14/12 01:13 AM Re: Where to Begin? [Re: JayBro]
JayBro Offline

Thank you Lee! laugh You have indeed made me feel quite welcomed smile

Nick

#416237 - 11/14/12 06:35 AM Re: Where to Begin? [Re: JayBro]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi JayBro, welcome to MaleSurvivor!
I'm sorry that you have reason to be here frown ; at least you can find some compassion and support among other survivors, that is something that we all need.
There are many resources offered to us here, please look around and learn as much as possible, it could add huge value to your healing process....

Pero

#417072 - 11/24/12 08:58 AM Re: Where to Begin? [Re: JayBro]
finallyopen Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Hi JayBro
Glad to see you here! I'm sure you will find many compassionate men here that will allow you to share and recover.
Life has many facets .. we are all like diamonds in the rough .. some of the cuts hurt .. but in the end we will all come out as the brillant men we are.
Good luck in your journey .. will hopefully see you on the site.
Take Care

#417134 - 11/24/12 11:37 PM Re: Where to Begin? [Re: JayBro]
JayBro Offline

Thank you so much finallyopen!! HUGS :)) I'm about to write something now, and reading this has just given me some courage

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.