Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
8 registered (CafeMan, ER3277, ShortedDiode, aniceguy, 4 invisible), 64 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62522 Topics
438153 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416183 - 11/13/12 08:58 PM I took a walk
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
I took a walk before dinner on a ridge above our house. I sat on the bluff looking at everything below me. The air was mild, but the humidity was missing---and in its place, the dry chill to remind me that it is November. The sun sat low in the sky, bathing everything in amber light. Down below the lights in the houses came on one by one.

In the salmon pink sky, airliners at forty thousand feet left streaming contrails that shone like gold against the quickly darkening sky. A moment later the sun disappeared entirely and left a pink afterglow that quickly faded to indigo. The wind picked up and gave me a chill. I sat in silence for another minute until I heard a coyote call his pack with a plaintive howl. He was answered with a dozen yips in return.

They were close, so I walked back toward the house, home and hearth. I smelled dinner on the stove and heard the kids playing. It felt good. It felt right. I looked back up at the dark ridge, happy to know that the sun would rise over it in the morning as the coyotes retired for the day.

My Story: Cruel Summer

#416194 - 11/13/12 10:04 PM Re: I took a walk [Re: Suwanee]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
This was simply beautiful. Reading your experience today brought me much relaxation and calm. I feel like I got to share in some of your peace, and continue in my own re-grounding of senses. Thank you for sharing. I could imagine it quite well

#416421 - 11/16/12 04:22 AM Re: I took a walk [Re: Suwanee]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Great writing, thanks Sunwanee!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.