Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
freddie (65), Max10 (56), Medos (46), PJinLB (47), TheWookinizer (27), tofeno (40)
Who's Online
2 registered (Cthulhu, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63578 Topics
444190 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#415856 - 11/10/12 10:47 AM The Anger. The Shame. The Guilt.
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA

#415884 - 11/10/12 09:15 PM Re: The Anger. The Shame. The Guilt. [Re: Suwanee]
Randy65 Offline

Loc: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Hi Suwanee,
I can relate to the repressed memories and can offer this. Even though we repressed it for so long it was a lot of work to put up the ole alter ego and yes it was tiring and a lot of energy to be someone I wasn't. My repressed memories started surfacing about a year ago. Through a great psychologist and the right medication I am becoming stronger and realizing the person I really am. Patience is most important right now. All of this takes time to deal with and the emotions that I now feel and have to learn is sometimes overpowering, but I keep telling myself that I am better today than a year ago. We are fighters and will win this fight.
The anger you are feeling is new to me. It is a recent and a new thing for me. I would have never thought that I would lash out like I am doing lately. This is a major focus for me and therapy. I will stay in contact of any progress and success with it and hope you return the favor. We have every right to be angry but we do not need to let it set us back.
Stay strong,
Randy

My Story of CSA: The Day God Entered My Heart
http://youtu.be/vpCWEp6u9zM

My Story of CSA: "Flashbacks" (Trigger Caution)
http://youtu.be/xLd5Fe-MxVM

#415889 - 11/10/12 11:01 PM Re: The Anger. The Shame. The Guilt. [Re: Suwanee]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Suwanee
....I need to get this in check ASAP.....I'm usually the easy-going spouse, dad, co-worker and boss. I want to be that way again.

I'll echo the call for patience. This stuff doesn't neccesarily work itself out on our schedule. Those close to you will understand that you're going through something difficult. Those not so close will just have to deal with it. This is about you and getting yourself healthy. Try not to worry about the others right now. It will take as long as it takes.

Anger, shame, and guilt are all to familiar to the men here. I'll add self-hatred to the list too. The only way out is thru it, painful as that is. Keep posting and you'll get all the support we can give you.

Jude
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#416147 - 11/13/12 03:17 PM Re: The Anger. The Shame. The Guilt. [Re: Suwanee]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
I have anger, but keep reflecting it inwards. A few times however, when I am reviewing my feelings, I break through and direct my anger towards the hundreds of men who took advantage of me... but the thing is, I do not know the identity of most of them, it happened online, it happened years ago, they lived mostly abroad in the US or UK....and what could I do? By outsourcing my anger in the proper direction to me is a breakthrough.

I might say though, that my anger does not manifest itself in my actions towards others. Only in either actions towards myself or have it fester into anxiety and snappyness towards my loved ones. I know what you mean, I want my normal self again. Thing is, this abuse happened as I was a teen, and then from my few years as an adult, I was raped....all the while, until last year when I was 20, these feelings repressed. Therefore, I have never had a normal.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.