Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
4 registered (thedudeabides, Obi, ACRoberts, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63167 Topics
441715 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#416115 - 11/13/12 11:03 AM healing herbs
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Like a lot of us here I have major drug and alcohol issues; but I also have experimented a lot with psychotropics; LSD, mesc, peyote, mushrooms, dmt heck even whippets; question is; Does anyone here (while not condoning any type of drug abuse) think in any way that psychotropics helped them either communicate or deal with their abuse?
2 years ago I dealt with the only motherly figure in my life dying; less than 2 months later I was nearly killed on 95 in CT. So what did I do; simple just doubled my alcohol bill thatís all. Fast forward to this spring; hate myself more than ever; sick of drinking and then thanx to the internet found out about ďresearch chemicalsĒ and salvia. To make a long story short the salvia was the gateway I needed into myself to allow myself to deal with my past. I had to let go of the anger; I couldnít have handled it; I might have even gone homicidal?
Just wondering if anyone has been as lucky as me?

I hate to admit that I made some chemistry mistakes here, I thought that the ďtripĒ in question was from the salvia alone but on further consultation with my son I now know that it wasnít just salvia that night but a mixture of synthetic cannabinoids and salvia. Karma was kind here it was so long ago now and it knida doesnít matter what the combo was just understand itís not repeatable, so I am unable to share this with the world.

edited to add the above truth.

Cee

Edited by cosmos (04/11/13 10:01 PM)

T. Paine

#416216 - 11/14/12 12:38 AM Re: healing herbs [Re: cosmos]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I don't know very much in this area. I have had success with taking the herbal valerian when I'm agitated at bedtime. It's easily available without prescription from health food stores.

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herbsvitaminsrz/a/Valerian.htm

Pot has been legalized in some states. It will probably be legalized in other states. It might help with PTSD. I'm not sure about that.

I've been fortunate in a mistrust of alcohol. It might be because I got abused as a child at parties where alcohol was served.

Puffer

#416244 - 11/14/12 07:21 AM Re: healing herbs [Re: cosmos]
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Youíre so lucky not to have alcohol issues, Iíve been drinking over 20 years but I havenít had a drink in over a month, just no desire anymore, no reason to deny anything anymore. When all this started I just thought it was a mid-life crisis you know just something ďnormalĒ. I travel for work 45+ weeks a year and got into a weird routine almost ascetic. Iíd get up in the morning have a cup of coffee go to work, no lunch, lilted bit of dinner and a whole lotta booze. I did this all summer, kinda awesome, except didnít realize I was fasting to the point of starvation. Now I know I was wrapping my head around this ptsd stuff I didnít even know I had, but I felt like I was slowly finally becoming human. Then for a week last month I was; however I was working in the city where I was born, where 99% of my abuse happened and it all came out; I finally put it all together and here I am. Fasting is a great way to gain insight into yourself; that and the salvia in my mind are the only reasons I made it here. Psychotropic drugs are powerful tools, I was never one of these guys to take half a hit of acid and go to school, I was the guy who would go to the middle of nowhere and eat mesc all weekend, looking for something. Thatís the other strange thing for the first time in my life I have zero desire to trip again; no need; that is so strange to me, and it was kinda funny but my son asked me if I wanted to do some salvia again and I said no.

Itís sad I never knew there was this much insight into so much pain in the world

Good morning and have a great day gentlemen.

T. Paine

#416310 - 11/15/12 08:02 AM Re: healing herbs [Re: cosmos]
firebird Offline

Loc: the western hemisphere
Someone Who Isn't Me
(swim)had experience of drug use

swim realized he was abused while dissociated upon a psychedelics
later he totally destroyed his life mostly due to them

as for healing potential
he found nothing what so ever
in fact he found any progress achieved while under the influence of lsd
had to be repeated
with the same emotional impact around 6 months later
which lead him to believe it was about as much use to self work as beer
swim said that he greatly respected these substances and for

healthy happy people they are most likely a place to find new perspectives

but he said that for people who have been where we can have been
we can have a tendency to use these things as a crutch and that's beyond dangerous
he said that we had been poisoned enough
that we need to move though things that we can be proud of doing
that the road to health was though health and compassion for our self's and others

well that's what swim said when i spoke to him
at some point in the past

Edited by firebird (11/15/12 08:03 AM)
'The flower you love is not in danger...I'll draw you a muzzle for your sheep...I'll draw you a fence for your flower...I' I didn't know what to say. How clumsy I felt! I didn't know how to reach him, where to find him...It's so mysterious, the land of tears.Ē

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.