Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
isol8er (43), omrfople (38)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63992 Topics
446666 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#415846 - 11/10/12 05:38 AM Support in The Netherlands
Bob Honecker Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Hello, I as well went through hell as a child. Since 2009 I've been trying to give and receive support for these horrors. I posted this on my facebook group the other day: Who would be interrested in starting a charity/safehouse for adults who have been abused in childhood in The Netherlands with me. I'm looking for a driven business partner. Who can do PR and knows how to raise funds.
Ironically enough, in the province of Noord-Holland the only serious help for people with PTSD I've found is for military or Police personnel.
At the moment the only one who is helping me is my wife, but she prefers concentrating on vegan/animal causes.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope to hear from you soon.

Robert Honecker

p.s. https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/286442878132059/ This is my facebook group, please read the files I've posted.

#416221 - 11/14/12 01:58 AM Re: Support in The Netherlands [Re: Bob Honecker]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
I wish I was in The Netherlands, that would be an amazing initiative. I would actually like to create a foundation or conduct educational and support resources for adult victims of sexual abuse in Germany (in several years' time). I really wish there was something I could do! I feel that in Europe, we do not always have the latest in institutionalised mental health supports.

But we can change that. I am inspired by your motivation!!

#426871 - 03/01/13 05:06 PM Re: Support in The Netherlands [Re: Bob Honecker]
Shawushka Offline

Loc: VA
Bob, maybe you can contact the person who is behind this
Dutch site about csa ?
I'm quite surprised that you were unable to find adequate help, especially living in North-Holland.
You could also contact the organisation for csa victims They have a support group where you may find more like minded people to support your cause.

#426936 - 03/02/13 11:24 AM Re: Support in The Netherlands [Re: Bob Honecker]
JoziSA Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg, South Africa
Bod and Jaybro

I started an organization last year in South Africa it has been tough going, I have had to personally fund it as there is very little chance of getting funders or sponsorship. After climbing Kilimanjaro for male survivors I created a blog Kili Blog and have now set up the official webpage South African Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse , I've included helpful information, articles and research that I have developed over the past year. the challenge is that the webpage has has over 20 000 hits since November, yet very few men are coming forward for help. Our society does not make it easy for men to admit to abuse or rape. It is a very taboo subject.

We need organizations all around the world. Don't give up.

South African MALE SURVIVORS of Sexual Abuse
www.samsosa.org
If your mind can perceive it and your heart can believe it, YOU can achieve it.

#431243 - 04/14/13 03:40 PM Re: Support in The Netherlands [Re: Bob Honecker]
OCN Offline

Loc: Western Europe
Hej Bob

I'm still grasping what to think of the abuse, but i'm also looking for people who've been through this. I also live in the Netherlands. But i'm right in the middle of giving it a proper place in my life, so i'm not sure whether i would be able to support you as a business partner. It's all very fresh to me..

I love the idea but as said, i still have to learn to live with the abuse.

Cheers
Peter

Edited by OCN (04/14/13 03:40 PM)

#432510 - 04/26/13 10:19 AM Re: Support in The Netherlands [Re: Bob Honecker]
joe1334_us Offline

Loc: Wyoming
I have little to no money to live on but I do have a home that I could offer in Wyoming as a place to stay with a Male Survivor (ME).

Joe

Edited by ModTeam (04/26/13 11:40 AM)
Edit Reason: Revealing personal data

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.