Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closure (24), esp22 (40)
Who's Online
5 registered (tbkkfile, 4 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63239 Topics
442217 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#415673 - 11/08/12 09:34 AM Hi from VA
drago Offline

I'm new to the site, just joined last night. I have been having more difficulty living my normal day to day life as of late. Not entirely sure what the trigger was but am hoping that joining this community will assist me in my path recovery.

#415676 - 11/08/12 09:45 AM Re: Hi from VA [Re: drago]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Welcome Drago

This site will offer you support and hope. People here listen and are not judgmental. We all want the same for ourselves and everyone else--to heal and move forward with our lives. You have taken a great step in your healing. Go at your own pace, talk about what you are comfortable telling, feel safe. You may want to find an outside support group or therapist, if you do not have one.

It is a process, no clear path. It can be a roller coaster of a ride--a few steps forward and some back. Vent whenever, I have done more than my share of venting. But each day offers hope--it takes time, patience and desire to heal.

Welcome and we are here for you

Kevin

#415677 - 11/08/12 09:49 AM Re: Hi from VA [Re: drago]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Welcome to MaleSurvivor drago smile!
Good to see you here, You are at place where survivors of sexual abuse can share their problems, experience and give support to each other. I received many good things since I become active here.
Triggers are words, smells, sounds, touches and anything that could bring some hurtful emotions felt during abuse suddenly to our minds.
Keep sharing with us!

Pero

Edited by peroperic2009 (11/08/12 09:49 AM)

#415685 - 11/08/12 12:19 PM Re: Hi from VA [Re: drago]
apsu Offline

Hello,

Im just new to the site and wanted to see what others stories are etc.
Should I post my story in this intro section?

andy

#415698 - 11/08/12 02:16 PM Re: Hi from VA [Re: drago]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hello Andy, good to see you here and welcome to MaleSurvivor!
Please look around the site and get to know what is offered for us survivors, there are a lot useful tools.
This part of board is reserved just for introduction so other survivors can greet you, maybe you could open your introduction post separately so it will be more visible to others.
There is part of board for posting your story, you can post it in survivor stories part of the board (but it is not possible to comment it by others nor for your later editing) or in some other like Male survivor (here is possible to comment your post as well to edit it).
Share with us more wink
Be well!

Pero

#415707 - 11/08/12 04:41 PM Re: Hi from VA [Re: peroperic2009]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, my fraternal brother, Andy.

Welcome to MS. Here you will receive compassion, understanding & hope, from your brothers (fraternal) & (friends in pain.)

We all have been there. We have been into the depths of our soul & hell too.

We will hear your cries. We will help in your fears & share in your tears.

Be prepared for the emotional roller coaster ride of your life.

There are a lot of resources open to you here. There is chat, there is private chat. There are healing circles (HC) every Sunday & Wednesday evenings. Starting at 9pm Eastern, adjust for your time zone. They are by invitation only. They are in a safe room, only those in that room can see what you are talking about. You can either participate in it actively or just sit back & learn from your other fraternal brothers.
There are private PM's where you can talk to another in the privacy of just you too.

There are numerous guide books out there, either to purchase (see our bookstore) or available at your local library.
Here are some of the few out there.
Victims No Longer, by Mike Lew, sort of the bible in recovery.
Abused Boys/Healing men, by Mik Hunter.
Beyond Betrayal, by Dr. Gartner.
Evicting the Perpetrator, by Ken Singer.
Just to name a few.

Hopefully you will find a competent therapist to assist you.

Naturally there is a wealth of information right here written by your fraternal brothers, in the archives of these forums.

When ever you are comfortable with yourself to share your experiences, we are here for you.

Perhaps you can connect with another fraternal brother here in complete trust then he can become your mentor & help bring you along.

So, my fraternal brother, Andy. Wishing you well in healing. You are on your way.

"I will take that lost boys hand, and I will lead him from the depths of darkness, into the sunshine, forever into eternity." As he is me.

Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#415713 - 11/08/12 05:58 PM Re: Hi from VA [Re: drago]
Anomalous Offline
Greeter Coordinator
MaleSurvivor
Hi Drago,

Welcome to MS.

I am glad you have found this place of healing and support.

If you feel therapy is an option, there are resources available. For help in finding a therapist please read the Consumers Guide to Therapist Shopping. Psychology Today has listings of therapists for all states and counties. You can choose the type of therapist you are seeking as well as the area(s) to which you are willng to travel. Also check your county rape crisis center. They offer services to males and females, at no cost to county residents. Some offer support groups in addition to individual therapy.

Take your time and look around. You do not want to trigger yourself by reading too many posts at one time.

At your own pace, read the boards and wander into chat. The lounge (chat) is open 24 hours a day though it isn't always populated.

We also have moderated chats called Healing Circles. They meet on Sunday and Wednesday evenings at 9pm eastern time and one on Tuesday at 19:00 UTC (European and African time zone) which translates to 2 PM Eastern US time zone. The Healing Circle on Tuesdays is scheduled to resume in January.

Again, welcome to MS.

--- Apsu - If you would like to post your story, you may use any of the following forums:

Introduction Forum - if you want to post a brief introduction about yourself. It is best if you start your own thread rather than put your introduction in another thread. This will allow people to respond specifically to you.

Male Survivor - for a more indepth post than you would typically make in the Introduction Forum.

Survivor Stories - Posts in this forum are submitted and then approved and locked by the moderators. Unlike the other two forums, there isn't any feedback allowed on the posts in this forum.

Anomalous

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.