Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63229 Topics
442159 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#393898 - 04/18/12 09:24 AM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

John Manly, attorney for the Kelly victim has his hands full. First, Kelly flees the US for Ireland for -ahem- medical treatment for his "ulcers."

Now Cardinal Roger Mahony is a no-show at the trial. So Manly is filing contempt charges against him.

Contempt Charges sought against Roger Mahony

http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_9dbe3470-b30e-53be-92c4-1d8740a31459.html

Lawyers for the man who won a civil case against former Lockeford priest Michael Kelly are seeking contempt of court charges against Cardinal Roger Mahony.
Mahony was bishop of the Stockton Diocese from 1980 to 1985, during the time Kelly reportedly sexually assaulted a 10-year-old altar boy who attended Church of the Annunciation in Stockton in the mid-1980s. A jury ruled on April 6 that Kelly is liable of sexual assault.

The plaintiff's attorneys, led by John Manly, filed an application on Monday for a court order requiring Mahony to state why he shouldn't be held in contempt of court for failure to appear as a witness in the second phase of the civil suit against the Stockton Diocese.

Edited by pluckmemory (04/18/12 09:24 AM)

#393961 - 04/18/12 08:16 PM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Sonora Union Democrat today: Sheriff weighs extradition for Kelly:

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Kelly-flight-mires-probe

Kelly flight mires probe

Written by Craig Cassidy, The Union Democrat April 18, 2012 01:42 pm

Calaveras County law enforcement officials Tuesday said they were still deciding what to do about the Sunday flight of former Catholic priest Michael Kelly, who is under investigation for accusations he abused a former altar boy at a San Andreas church.

Sheriff Gary Kuntz said he was meeting with investigators and representatives from the Calaveras County District Attorney’s Office to discuss options, including possible extradition.

Edited by pluckmemory (04/19/12 07:47 AM)

#394246 - 04/20/12 02:14 PM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

http://www.modbee.com/2012/04/20/2166315/stockton-diocese-settles-with.html

Stockton Diocese has just settled with the Kelly victim.

Edited by pluckmemory (04/20/12 02:15 PM)

#394259 - 04/20/12 05:22 PM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Good for the victim who won the civil suit:

But in a statement released through his attorney, the alleged victim called on law enforcement officials to investigate how Kelly was allowed to stay in the ministry after it was clear he posed a danger to children.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/30930027/detail.html#ixzz1scMIAd00

Edited by pluckmemory (04/20/12 05:23 PM)

#394332 - 04/21/12 08:26 AM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

The victim who won the civil suit, Travis Trotter, breaks his anonymity at a press conference yesterday to announce the settlement. He also calls on law enforcement to investigate how Kelly was allowed to stay in the ministry for so long.

Photo of adult Trotter with a photo of him at the age he was raped by Father Michael Kelly. What a brave man to come forward, face the scorn of Kelly's supporters and then break his anonymity in an effort to encourage other victims to come forward.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120421/A_NEWS/204210316

#395276 - 04/28/12 08:07 AM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

There's a San Mateo County connection (same county that has messed up the Dr. William Ayres case) to the Kelly case.

A man who was taught by Father Kelly at Annunciation School in Stockton, and whose family home Kelly visited constantly when he was a child- went on to be charged with molesting his young daughter in San Mateo County. That case was thrown out by fraudulently thrown out by prosecutor Melissa Mckowan (now under investigation for misconduct in the Ayres case).. That man later died unexpectedly in his early forties.

Then his brother died of alcoholism, six months later.

It is believed that Kelly molested both of these men when they were altar boys at Annunciation School.

#395684 - 05/01/12 07:20 AM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

And the criminal investigation against Kelly continues:

http://www.mymotherlode.com/news/local/1607386/Father-Kelly-Facing-Criminal-Charges.html

Excerpt:

The Calaveras County Sheriff's Office has been investigating additional allegations made against the priest. Kelly has reportedly returned to his native Ireland. If additional charges are brought against Kelly, it could potentially lead to him being extradited back to the U.S.
Sheriff Gary Kuntz has released the following statement, "The Calaveras County Sheriff's Office is currently completing interviews with persons associated with the Father Kelly case. Attempts are being made to locate potential witnesses and victims, however this effort is complicated by the fact that many persons now reside out of the area. One Detective from the Sheriff's Office is specifically assigned to the case, and it is the intention of the Sheriff's Office to submit a report to the District Attorney within the next 30 days."

The Sheriff's Office notes that no further information will be released until the full report is submitted to the DA's Office.

_______

Edited by pluckmemory (05/01/12 07:21 AM)

#395689 - 05/01/12 08:16 AM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Meanwhile, cowardly Kelly, while hiding out in an Ireland rectory, sends his supporters a sickening and narcissistic email:
http://www.lodinews.com/news/article_fa674011-c369-5617-a133-1f16c54a69fb.html

The first thing I want to tell you all is that none of you have any idea how much your support and your prayers continue to mean to me. It was those prayers and support that got me through the past four and a half nightmare years, and especially the court case and its unjust verdict. I did none of those things I was accused of.
Some people have emailed me of other allegations being brought up, I can tell you that I did none of those things, either. I will maintain my complete innocence until my last breath. God knows, and I know, that it isn't true.

#395697 - 05/01/12 09:28 AM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Unbelievable--how could he be so self serving. If innocent why did he flee? And I wonder how the recipients reacted to the email?

#395711 - 05/01/12 12:05 PM Re: Father Michael Kelly of Stockton, CA- guilty!!! [Re: pluckmemory]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Kelly's whiney, sanctimonious throw-away denial is typical of what you hear from these guys when they're cornered. Nothing new here, except this time it's the "Notorious Jumping Priest of Calaveras County."

John

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.