Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
1 registered (myrlin), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447890 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#415540 - 11/06/12 11:36 PM * [Re: Lancer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:54 PM)

#415573 - 11/07/12 09:00 AM Re: Did You Vote? Why or Why Not? [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I was really holding out hope for that one, Gary. And in Indiana yet! Guess that was the last time SHE'LL ever interrupt anyone making a presentation, huh? "Happy to report"? Hell, I'd be downright smug (and several other adjectives I can't think of right now).

Who's her replacement?

#415577 - 11/07/12 09:07 AM Re: Did You Vote? Why or Why Not? [Re: Lancer]
Casmir213 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northeast, USA
Congratulations Gary! She deserved what she got. Lancer, glad you were able to vote! Magellan, I did wind up voting, and yes, I'm in a swing state, but not a swingish as some states. smile

Caz

WoR Alumnus - Hope Springs, OH, October 2009

My avatar is the farmhouse at the Hope Spring, OH WoR. It's a nice place.

#415595 - 11/07/12 12:29 PM * [Re: Lancer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:55 PM)

#415609 - 11/07/12 03:48 PM Re: Did You Vote? Why or Why Not? [Re: Lancer]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Well, I didn't need to vote. Everything I would have voted for got passed.

And much to my surprise, the California state legislature is now a supermajority democrat. With Democrats in complete control of of California government, we no longer have to deal with the constant gridlock that has hamstrung the state for years and years.

Investments in education and infrastructure are GOOD things. And I'm actually excited about our political process for the first time in decades.

#415617 - 11/07/12 06:32 PM * [Re: Lancer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 12:56 PM)

#415745 - 11/08/12 11:26 PM Re: Did You Vote? Why or Why Not? [Re: Lancer]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Absolutely. First off, being an Ohioan allow me first to express my ineffable joy at seeing an end to all of the negative ads.

Aside from the national and state elections I took a special interest in a few local issues. Most importantly, I am happy to report I was one of many who helped pass a levy for continued funding for community mental health needs. I share smalltown80sboy's problem in my area as well. Family and Social Services around here are still woefully underfunded and overworked. I understand CSA and other forms of abuse are firstly socio-cultural problems but that doesn't mean political solutions could not mitigate or even one day help largely resolve them.

I don't think the Democrats or Republicans should be blamed for a problem that permeates all of human society and generally transcends the political arena. I hope once we successfully spread awareness of CSA's prevalence in and impact upon society to a enough people the citizenry will demand more action ($$$) be taken to address it. And unless politicians change their nature completely in the next decade or so I imagine they will do whatever is necessary to get elected with the added bonus of doing what is right as well : P

#415748 - 11/08/12 11:49 PM Re: Did You Vote? Why or Why Not? [Re: Lancer]
phoenix321 Offline

Loc: USA, FL
Originally Posted By: Lancer
Since this is election day in the U.S., I thought about those times I didn't vote simply because I felt too depressed or hopeless.

Rather than a partisan political discussion, I'd like to hear how your decision to vote or not relates to your CSA and/or recovery.

I voted last week in early voting in Flori-DUH! DUH is for all the morons that live here, especially in N. Florida. lol After suffering needlessly for around 2 years due to a lack of healthcare coverage, it's easy to figure out who I voted for. Now, I find out Gov. Shithead, er, Rick Scott is refusing to implement any of ObamaCare in Florida turning down $500 million even for kids. Hope Gov. Shithead one day rests in hell. Par for the course in Flori-DUH!

A guy opens the front door and sees a snail on his doorstep. He picks up the snail and throws it across the street in a neighbor's yard. A year later, the guy opens the front door and the same snail is on his doorstep. The snail says, "What the f*ck was that about?"

#415766 - 11/09/12 04:42 AM Re: Did You Vote? Why or Why Not? [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ummmm...FL finished counting the votes yet? ;-)

#415800 - 11/09/12 04:22 PM Re: Did You Vote? Why or Why Not? [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Late-night comedians have their fun with Florida election results

As if that wasn't enuf, this one includes Ferguson and Stewart ("clusterf&%K"?):
http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/video....mp;VID=23883526

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.