Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jim1961, petercorbett, Obi, dew, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64151 Topics
447628 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#405412 - 07/31/12 03:49 PM Re: Support Group in Rhode Island [Re: jaa]
jaa Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Rhode Island
The RI group is still trying to grow if anyone is interested. We meet on Thursday's at 6 pm for 90 minutes. Please contact me if you think you'd like to join or hear about the group.

#407814 - 08/24/12 03:32 PM Re: Support Group in Rhode Island [Re: jaa]
rgrant Offline

Loc: RI
Hello to all
I just thought I would bump this up again.
My name is Robert Grant. Iím a clinical social worker and the group meets here in my office. All are welcome. We currently have 4 members but are open to new members. We meet on Thursday evenings at 6pm in Warwick. There is a great deal of support here. Please feel free to contact me with any questions. (401) 921-1003 or via email at ragrant@cox.net

#409390 - 09/07/12 02:05 PM Re: Support Group in Rhode Island [Re: jaa]
jaa Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi all,

I just wanted to take a moment to let you know how empowering our little RI group is. There are four of us in this group now and each one of states how we actually look forward to meeting each week. Yes, life goes on and sometimes we are not a full group but that is one of the wonderful things about this group, it is there every week and it something special we all count on.
It was scary for all of us when we started. It was both exciting and a little nerve racking when we had a new member join. The most important thing is that the four of us took the step to get the group going. So, if you are looking at this post and are at all interesed please contact Bob Grant (see the post above this one). Bob is a social worker but he is there for support. We guys own the group and talk about whatever we want. Bob is a comfort to have in the room and he is respectful and extremely knowledgable. It is a great mix of survivors meeting with a professional involved that volunteers his time and office space.

So, if you are looking at this classified and just aren't sure what to do, please call Paul or shoot me a private message. It is so worth it to meet with brothers.

John

#415489 - 11/06/12 11:28 AM Re: Support Group in Rhode Island [Re: jaa]
jaa Offline
MaleSurvivor

Wanted to provide you all with an update on our Rhode Island group. We now have 6 members and have room for more. We are now listed on the "Find a Support Group" section of MaleSurvivor. We are the only RI group so it's easy to find. We are all finding this to be so helpful, having a group of brothers to talk with. Each new member is so brave to step in, and I think so happy to have found us.

John

#415643 - 11/08/12 12:35 AM Re: Support Group in Rhode Island [Re: jaa]
RunningOnEmpty Offline

Loc: georgia
John- it's so inspiring reading the updates on how the group is growing and thriving. Thank you!

#415772 - 11/09/12 08:53 AM Re: Support Group in Rhode Island [Re: jaa]
jaa Offline
MaleSurvivor

RunningOnEmpty - thank you. It's the best part of my week and as we grow it is even more inspiring.

#428572 - 03/21/13 04:02 AM Re: Support Group in Rhode Island [Re: jaa]
HurtinginMD Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cranston, RI
Glad to see there is a group in RI...... I wish it could make it....Thursday night is my last work night of the week (3rd shift) and Lord knows I need my beauty sleep.... If u ever change the day to fri or sat let me know....

Derek

#467891 - 07/23/14 02:41 AM Re: Support Group in Rhode Island [Re: jaa]
Hopein14 Offline

Loc: CT
is this group still occurring?

#469770 - 09/06/14 10:37 PM Re: Support Group in Rhode Island [Re: jaa]
Hopein14 Offline

Loc: CT
is this still occurring?

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.