Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
1 registered (JW1230), 28 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445343 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#414975 - 11/01/12 12:29 PM Former Penn State President Charged...
tshodson Offline

Former Penn State President Graham Spanier is charged as part of the Sandusky case.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2012..._medium=twitter

#414976 - 11/01/12 12:39 PM Re: Former Penn State President Charged... [Re: tshodson]
tshodson Offline

Spanier has more charges than Schultz and Curley...
http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.s..._medium=twitter

#414977 - 11/01/12 12:55 PM Re: Former Penn State President Charged... [Re: tshodson]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Init phunney bout those rumors of a national child-sex-ring being maintained for the rich and powerful? It becomes so much more believable when I read this crap:

Graham Spanier, ousted as president of Pennsylvania State University over the Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse scandal, has taken a national-security job working with the U.S. government, a university spokesman said.

David La Torre described the job in an e-mail on Friday as a part-time consulting position and declined to provide further details. Spanier and his lawyer, Peter Vaira, didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.

Spanier, 64, served as Penn State president from 1995 until his firing in November. A July 12 report by former FBI director Louis Freeh said Spanier, ex-football coach Joe Paterno, and other university officials failed to protect children from sexual abuse by Sandusky, a former assistant football coach. Sandusky, 68, was convicted last month of 45 criminal counts tied to abuse of boys over a 15-year period.

While serving as Penn State president, Spanier led a board that coordinated communication on national security matters between universities and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Through the panel, created in 2005 and known as the National Security Higher Education Advisory Board, university presidents and the FBI discussed sensitive research that might need to be protected from foreign espionage, according to the FBI.

Because Spanier is no longer a university president, he isn’t affiliated with the board, Paul Bresson, an FBI spokesman, said Friday.

Spanier said in an interview earlier this year that his interest in working with the FBI stemmed from when he became Penn State’s president and read about a president at another state university being shocked that a faculty member was under investigation for terrorist ties.

He said he resolved not to be caught off guard in the same way and sought a closer collaboration with law enforcement.

Spanier arranged a meeting with representatives of national security agencies including the FBI, Central Intelligence Agency, Secret Service and Naval Criminal Investigative Service, he said.

“This had never occurred before,” Spanier said. “Nobody from higher education had reached out.”

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/penn-state/201...b#ixzz2AzUKpxSI

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#414984 - 11/01/12 02:05 PM Re: Former Penn State President Charged... [Re: tshodson]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Wow, what a surprise! [irony alert] wink

And Spanier can kiss his security clearance goodbye. grin

#415020 - 11/01/12 08:08 PM Re: Former Penn State President Charged... [Re: tshodson]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Terminus
Naw. Its gonna take 800 yards of well sighted optics.

The Aftermath Video

My Absolute Hero!

#415034 - 11/01/12 10:28 PM Re: Former Penn State President Charged... [Re: tshodson]
catfish86 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I wonder what else is gonna fall outa that tree when the three stooges go on trial.

BTW, my kingdom to the cartoonist that does a spoof of these clowns as the three stooges.

Edited by catfish86 (11/01/12 10:30 PM)
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

#415050 - 11/02/12 04:08 AM Re: Former Penn State President Charged... [Re: tshodson]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
almost unbelievable,

who makes up this shit,
or is it all just a giant brainstorm session for a fucked up version of john stewart.

wow, how the dieties defile and (self)destruct. Epic

WoR Barrie 2011

#415068 - 11/02/12 10:40 AM Re: Former Penn State President Charged... [Re: tshodson]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Initial response by Spanier's attorney seems to indicate they will attempt to pull PA Gov. Tom Corbett into this mess by claiming A) the indictment against Spanier is politically motivated, and B) then calling attention to the 3-year delay in the Sandusky investigation, when Corbett was Attorney General and running for governor.

In short, it's going to get ugly and lots of these powerful types are going to be pulling each other into the muck, racing to blame the others.

I'm not sure where this "politically motivated" charge comes from. A quick search does not seem to reveal any campaign contributions by Spanier to any national candidates at FEC.gov.

(If anyone knows where the PENN online campaign contribution database is, post the link. I can't seem to find it.)

Get your popcorn ready.

Edited by cant_remember (11/02/12 10:41 AM)

#415069 - 11/02/12 10:46 AM Re: Former Penn State President Charged... [Re: tshodson]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
... and has anyone heard more about the child prostitution ring that reportedly (NY Daily News) involved Sandusky?

John

#415072 - 11/02/12 11:04 AM Re: Former Penn State President Charged... [Re: tshodson]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

So far, the only source we have for the multi-state pedo ring that the NYDN reported on is a guy in Philly named Greg Bucceroni, who appeared on Twitter to say he was a survivor of it.

A newspaper in Philly then went out of its way to write a long piece on Bucceroni to challenge his credibility. Take that for what it's worth. To me, Bucceroni seems credible but has some problems with rage/anger, which isn't surprising, but doesn't help with his credibility in public.

So take that for what it's worth... but so far we only have one news agency citing one source... which does not make for much, even without another news agency challenging that source's credibility.

My eyes are on the Jimmy Savile investigation in the UK. That's where the pedo-ring news seems to be most likely to break.

There's one new Savile-related arrest today, some old comedian, but that's not big news. Keep watching.

Edited by cant_remember (11/02/12 11:11 AM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.