Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
2 registered (CafeMan, I Want 2 Thrive), 63 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62519 Topics
438115 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#414213 - 10/24/12 11:47 PM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Lancer]
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
This is WAY too funny! Thanks Lancer!!!
grin

#414219 - 10/25/12 01:46 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
It's too late at night for me to get into it in detail, but the newly released boy scout information has helped me to think through what happened to me even though my abuser was not on the list. Look at it this way. The very fact that he was NOT on the list gives me a bunch of new information. Call it the "negative space" of circumstance. However, abuse within scouting was not talked about during the years I was in scouting. There was a lot of abuse going on then. The other scout troop in town was led by a parasitic pedophile. Notice that area or region were correlated with what and when information was released. Also it may well develop that my abuser was part of a sex ring abusing boys in that wider area.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (10/25/12 01:46 AM)

#414229 - 10/25/12 04:04 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
Undefeated Offline

I may be weird, but I would have preferred to see my perp's name on the list. First of all, it would be the first acknowledgment ever that he was an evil pedophile. Secondly, I would like to know if there were other victims. It would seem fitting his "good name" should appear on the pervert list. Right now, I am a lone voice in my accusation of what he did to me. It would be helpful if the accusations I make were confirmed by him being on the list, or more voices making the accusations together.

#414232 - 10/25/12 06:39 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
I don't think it's weird at all Undefeated. And, as you know from my PMs, for EXACTLY the same reasons. For me it comes down to confronting The Lie.

#414246 - 10/25/12 11:34 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
Undefeated Offline

I guess a good part of this is wanting some sort of acknowledgement that something bad did happen to us. That's a part of healing and for now, that hasn't happened to me. When I reported this to the BSA, I didn't get as much as an, "I'm sorry." Just, "Thank you for letting us know."

#414287 - 10/26/12 12:08 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
The very fact that he was NOT on the list gives me a bunch of new information. Call it the "negative space" of circumstance.

What is negative space?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_space

#414496 - 10/28/12 12:10 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
webelos Offline

Loc: in mountains both in my mind a...
Hello, I don't know if this thread it dead but I too have a real desire to find my perps name on the files. As of yet it isn't there but I feel like I need to know if there were others.

#414525 - 10/28/12 03:33 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: webelos]
Undefeated Offline

Hello webelos!

I hope this isn't a dead thread, because I am hoping someone else that was molested by my perp will come forward.

I suspect you have checked this, but just in case there are two places with slightly different information:

http://www.kellyclarkattorney.com/files/

http://spreadsheets.latimes.com/boyscouts-cases/

I hope something comes up for you and you. Let us know if it does.

By the way, Welcome to MS. I see this is your first post. I am glad you are here to seek healing, but I am sorry that what happened to you, qualifies you to be here too.

#414686 - 10/29/12 09:39 PM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
webelos Offline

Loc: in mountains both in my mind a...
I am sure the perps are over 75 years old so I guess that means there is no hope of finding them in the files?
I know there are others that know what happened and it drives me crazy that I don't have anyone else to verify what I feel or think.

#414695 - 10/29/12 10:35 PM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: webelos]
sten Offline

Loc: WI
My abuser isn't on the list either. My troop is though, and there was another abuser in the troop around the time I was in the scouts. I winder how much more happened in that troop.

My abuser was a fellow scout a couple years older than me. He is dead now. I don't know if that makes me happy or sad.

Just because the person is not in the files doesn't mean you can't tell your story to the lawyers or anyone else.

I was horrified to understand how pervasive the abuse was and how well it was hidden...much like the Catholic church. I am sorry it happened to you. It wasn't your fault.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.