Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (Ken Singer, LCSW, pufferfish), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63396 Topics
443252 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#413879 - 10/21/12 11:39 PM Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims
Undefeated Offline

Loc: Colorado, USA
I am really curious if anyone else was abused by my perp. I guess I really can't post his name here, but I can say where it happened. The troop met in the basement of Saint Joan of Arc Catholic Church in Arvada, Colorado in the early to mid 1970's. Was anyone else here in that troop and sexually abused by a leader? If so, I'd really like to know.

#413892 - 10/22/12 01:01 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Just reread your story. We were about the same age, similar circumstances (except school counselor/church camp director in my case), same period.

Didn't get any response to it, but I posted in the classifieds here, too. A thot.

Also, since I had a third party to protect my identity, I posted to the local Craigslist in personals/platonic/M4M. Nothing ever came of it - of which I was aware - but it apparently struck a nerve with someone who kept flagging it for deletion. That alone made me feel better...an aha! moment.

Good luck!

#413900 - 10/22/12 01:49 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
Undefeated Offline

Lancer,

I am really sorry you keep hitting a brick wall when you look for other victims too. I have a feeling you understand why I want to know if there are others too.

Craigslist is a good idea. I never knew of any other victims, but from what every expert on CSA says, chances are that there is never just one victim. I don't really understand why I think this, but to me it would help if I found out I wasn't the only one.

Another thing is that I cannot remember the troop number. I see there is a troop #476 in Arvada, CO now, but it meets somewhere else. That number kinda rings a bell with me. About 6 years ago, when I decided to report this to the BSA, in case my perp was still in Scouting, the Denver Area Council guy I spoke to said he found the troop number by looking up the perp's name and my name with the time-frame I gave him. He didn't tell me the troop number.

I just know there are other victims. I will try C.L.

Thanks!

#413905 - 10/22/12 02:53 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

I agree with you 110% and, fwiw, support your search. Other victims? Oh yeah. I probably shouldn't have, but did the math on mine. Two decades at a high school with 1K student body...apply 1 in 6 to half that number and...sheesh.

#413908 - 10/22/12 03:27 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
Undefeated Offline

Another big question for me is if my perp abused any of his own kids? He has three boys and two girls. Two of the boys were in the scout troop at the same time I was, in fact, one of his boys was my Assistant Patrol Leader.

#413926 - 10/22/12 08:21 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

imo, I think it's more likely than not, based on observations of my perp's family dynamic:

One son was always angry, macho, etc., and apparently still is (survivalist, right wing extremist). I actually witnessed another bullying a kid half his age at the time. If you'll forgive the vampire implication, at least two of 'em now involved professionally with young teen boys. Another kid became an LCSW...and I can only speculate that one may have dealt with it.

And they're all very obese. I was pretty shocked. I'll cite the Boston Univ. School of Medicine study on the connection between childhood abuse and obesity.

#414054 - 10/23/12 10:49 AM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
The news about the BSA is unsettling, as they had to be FORCED to reveal the list of perps. I'm really sorry the BSA covered it up and protected sexual predators to "protect the good name of the BSA." The neighborhood kids now say BSA stands for "Boys Sexually Assaulted." Cover ups ALWAYS backfire.

I am sorry the good leaders and members of the BSA have had this blanket of betrayal thrown on them by their sick and twisted counterpart leaders, and i am most sorry for the boys who were assaulted and then victimized by the cover up.

My father/perp was a BSA leader. His name does not appear on the BSA list of perps, so i am certain there are many many more whose names do not appear. I would imagine a lot of the cases were covered up at a local level.

My two elder brothers were in scouts during my father's time as a leader. My father resigned and left scouts abruptly and without explanation. It's odd that after he had lived, ate, and breathed scouting for several years, he resigned and never again mentioned the BSA or his time as a devout leader.

Undefeated, we can be certain you were not the only one targeted by the monster from Arvada.

#414209 - 10/24/12 11:35 PM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Lancer]
Undefeated Offline

Lancer, This is interesting stuff, but it does make sense. The problems with eating and weight are certainly tied to having a poor self image. I think I will having something to eat now. LOL

#414211 - 10/24/12 11:40 PM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: WriterKeith]
Undefeated Offline

Thanks Keith!

I have a feeling you are right, that I was not the only victim of this perp. I am sure when I got to old for his "tastes," he probably found another young teen to satisfy his sick perversions.

As for your father and my perp not being in the perversion files, I can see how a lot of perps never got on the list. I forget where, but I had read that the BSA purged perps from the files when they reached 75 years of age. This might be an explanation about your father and my perp. My perp is 80 now.

BTW, I am consulting with another attorney in my state that was recommended by Kelly Clark. I kinda suspect I will hit the same statute-of-limitations wall, but as least I am pursuing it.

#414212 - 10/24/12 11:44 PM Re: Boy Scout Abuse - Where it happened/Other Victims [Re: Undefeated]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

@Undefeated - I highly recommend Haagen Dazs dark chocolate. Works wonders for me. I feel better just thinking about it. Yes, 7-Eleven sometimes carries it.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.