Newest Members
journey4two, VASurvivor, jayceemac, rwolf, FindingNemo
12328 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alicia (55), bubblytam (56), crazydragon (39), JGag78 (36), kris82 (32), Shin (28)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12328 Members
74 Forums
63402 Topics
443276 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#415161 - 11/02/12 11:34 PM Still Not Depression
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
What's not depression, but causes massive and sharp pain that you just know is deteriorating your physical health?

Psychiatrist treats it ALL as "depression."

I try to paint elaborate and detailed descriptors of the knives stuck in Still's heart and the acid that flows down his torso, and Dr Feelnot writes blah blah blah DEPRESSION shit on the note-pad.

T looks at Still and asks "what triggers it?" Still asks "what?" T says "what?" Still: "what what?" T-"triggers man!!! What triggers this depression?"

You still call it "depression!?!" Its PAIN! Why does PAIN not get to have a name that is recognized in the DSM Behavioral Health V-Code Conditions? Why can't PAIN...bloody, fiery, acid-like PAIN just be a diagnosis of the psyche?

They still don't get it, and Still is still in wicked pain.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#415163 - 11/03/12 12:29 AM Re: Still Not Depression [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I had a huge amount of depression. I'm glad that it's really lifting now. I say this to encourage you. It can get better. I think that professionals only have one category of depression. Maybe I'm way off or something, but I think I had 3 or 4 different types of depression.

1) Ordinary garden variety - feeling down. This is real pain. It is not imagined.
2) Anxiety depression - feeling like there's something going on.
3) Wooden depression - affects even the body movements so that they are stiff - jointed. Like Pinocchio before he became a real boy.
4) Dissociative depression - comes with dissociative feelings.

Puffer

Edited by pufferfish (11/03/12 12:30 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.